Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
How about the midflight/prearrival fruit&cheese plate that was offered on transcons last year?

Originally Posted by Robt760
They're supposed to be offered in baskets that are passed by the FA. Apples, Bananas, Chips, Chocolate Caramels, and other candies (Nicer offerings, not just Sun Chips, and cheapo 'Stuff') Ask if it's not offered and you want it (sort of like the soup that's supposed to be offered on red eye flights) This is one of the new enhancements to transcon flights that started this month.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Also starting to see three breakfast choices on SEA-JFK (cereal + yogurt, omelet, waffles & sausage). Sorry if this is old news, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this route included in the transcon enhancements.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Also starting to see three breakfast choices on SEA-JFK (cereal + yogurt, omelet, waffles & sausage). Sorry if this is old news, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this route included in the transcon enhancements.
Nice to know that SEA-JFK gets the extra option as well, but transcon service isn't new on this route.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
All trans-cons get the enhanced menu. AA doesn't pick and choose like Delta and United.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MAH4546
All trans-cons get the enhanced menu. AA doesn't pick and choose like Delta and United.
Indeed, even RDU-LAX is getting three meal choices now ^
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:28 pm

So question for you all, I've never had either of these entrees before and I don't know which one to preorder. Should I preorder the Chicken Pear Salad or the Cajun Shrimp?

Thoughts, opinions on them?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Favorite cocktail?

Hi, I was sure that this has been asked multiple times before, but could not quite find the info in this or previous years' threads.

Could someone recommend good cocktails on domestic First? I've always gone with cranberry vodka, it's pretty good but I am interested in trying something new. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of bloody mary.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cubs105
So question for you all, I've never had either of these entrees before and I don't know which one to preorder. Should I preorder the Chicken Pear Salad or the Cajun Shrimp?

If it's the shrimp w/cheesy grits, that would be my choice-very good & the shrimp aren't at all spicy.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cubs105

I was not a fan of the chicken pear salad. Here's a picture of it btw:

Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:39 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellaq2008
Hi, I was sure that this has been asked multiple times before, but could not quite find the info in this or previous years' threads.

Could someone recommend good cocktails on domestic First? I've always gone with cranberry vodka, it's pretty good but I am interested in trying something new. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of bloody mary.

Thanks!
Vodka/Ginger Ale
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
How about the midflight/prearrival fruit&cheese plate that was offered on transcons last year?
No more fruit & cheese plate... it is replaced by fresh fruit basket (apples/pears/oranges/bananas) and snack basket (Many choices that I can't even list them all - chips/granola bars/chocolate bars/candies/popcorns/mixed nuts)...

Carfield
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I like to limit my calories in a mixer so how about rum and diet coke with a lime...or vodka/fresca (does AA serve fresca) or vodka/diet Sierra mist. Cheers!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Except LAX-Hawaii. AA doesn't consider these routes as transcon, but considering flight times/distance, they should.

I just flew HNL-LAX dinner/lunch....same 2 entree choices, same salad, and same dessert. Nothing has changed. No appetizer, no snack basket and no cookie before landing. No enhancement whatsoever

Also, not a single EXP cleared upgrades on my flight....seems to be the norm these days with easy A buckets.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:45 am

DFW-PIT Dinner?

Any idea what a dinner DFW-PIT will look like? I'm a US person doing an F flight to take advantage of the 50% bonus. I know there are the different levels of meal service and I think they classify DFW-PIT as midcon.

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by oak522
Any idea what a dinner DFW-PIT will look like? I'm a US person doing an F flight to take advantage of the 50% bonus. I know there are the different levels of meal service and I think they classify DFW-PIT as midcon.

Thanks.
warm nuts to start, choice of 2 entrees (chicken or pasta, most likely) which you can preorder online within 30 days of departure, a side salad, and a slice of cake or baked cookie for dessert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.