Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 2, 14, 9:18 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MrAndy1369
Wiki Link
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 9, 14, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Plantsville, CT USA; via West Hartford, CT; Stamford, CT; South Bend, IN; London, U.K. and Westchester County, NY
Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Starwood Lifetime PLT
I had the "gnocchi" on a MIA-JFK flight on 1/1.

They were more like a small ravioli than what any Italian would consider to be gnocchi. Taste was fine, but it was not what I was expecting.
Old Jan 10, 14, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA 2mm LT PLT
American 133
JFK-LAX
A321T (32B)
3:45P-7:15P (sked)
3:50P-8:00P (actual)
January 7, 2013

Inaugural JFK-LAX A321 flight with catering and service issues. Catering apparently forgot to deliver a few items like all the plates for F. And the crew forgot PDB and then went with the old standby.

Tonight's menu... a variation of the same old theme and essentially the same options as J.

And the same old dismal wine selections.

The chicken was excellent.

They did place the snack baskets on the counter tops at the front of the cabin, but never told anyone about them or even made a pass through the cabin offering anything to anyone.

I borrowed the snack basket back to my seat for the photo.

Old Jan 10, 14, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
So happy that my favorite AA breakfast item, steel cut oatmeal, is back.

Tom over a bumpy New Mexico at 29,000 feet
Old Jan 10, 14, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by flyerdude88 View Post
25k EQP challenge from 1k. But good to know. This is probably my 40th flight on AA since mid-September (though a number of those didn't have FC) and on the flights with FC I have never seen them do that on AA.

Guess you learn something new, for all the negative things I have to say about UA, you're right that's one thing I've never seen on UA (though I've never seen it on DL either though my FC flying on them is more limited).
Well, welcome to the dAArk side

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
So happy that my favorite AA breakfast item, steel cut oatmeal, is back.
They seem to be a new option on transcon flights as well!
Old Jan 10, 14, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Beef salad with udon noodles on the 2pm DFW-DCA. Ate about half of it. The other choice was chicken pot pie crepes which I've had before. Both of these are returning entrees. Not a fan of either. Looking forward to next month's meal rotation.

Old Jan 10, 14, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I love that beef udon noodle dish! The sesame dressing is right on
Old Jan 12, 14, 6:52 am

AA 116 LAX-EWR January 2014

January 2014
American Airlines First Class
AA 116
Los Angeles to Newark

Breakfast
Gruyere and Fontina Cheese Omelette with mushrooms, accompanied by roasted red pepper potatoes and chicken apple sausage
Or
Belgian Waffles with sea salt caramel, served with chicken apple sausage

Or
Cereal and Yogurt
With seasonal fresh fruit plate

Served with a selection of breakfast breads

Light Refreshment
Offered Prior to Arrival
Whole Fruit and Snacks
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit and premium snacks

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

2Cls, First, Brunch-Snack
73PM007-73PM186 1/14 103T001-1B 3

Wine List
Sparkling Wine
Valdo Proseco Brut, Veneto

White Wine
Cecchetti Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc, California
Rued Chardonnay, Russian River Valley

Red Wine
Ottimino 2008 Zinfinity Zinfandel, Sonoma
Echelon California Cabernet
Old Jan 12, 14, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K
Interesting choice of breakfasts this morning on the CLT-DFW A319: oatmeal or "organic multigrain" cereal. Went with the oatmeal. Presentation was a bit disappointing with a styrofoam cup of hot water used to mix with the oats, but the oatmeal itself was excellent. Served with a banana nut muffin. Overall, better than the previous selection of bran flakes or nothing, so . Now if only they'd serve that hot water in a different vehicle...
Old Jan 12, 14, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice chicken salad on the noon DCA-ORD Eagle flight. They had some type of deli sandwich but they were gone by the last row (3 rows in F).
Old Jan 12, 14, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Last night on AA181 I had the same options shown on the menu posted by SFO777 in post #17. I had the beef, and was pleasantly surprised that the "sauteed spinach and kale" was really only lightly sauteed. Not gloopy like the dinner sides often are. A nice improvement.
Old Jan 13, 14, 5:16 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
AA 2956 (MQ 2956)
IAH 11:35 p.m.
ORD 2:05 p.m.
CRJ-700
Lunch

No choice. Turkey and cheese sandwich, I think it was turkey, the meat sort of looked like turkey, it did not taste like something else…

Well, this was first for me. All CR7 first class meals I had so far was on cloth covered tray, using china/porcelain, metal cutlery, with cloth napkin. This meal, Styrofoam tray. Plastic knife, fork, and spoon. Paper napkin. No plates or what so ever, sandwich sitting directly on Styrofoam tray.

Before screaming “US Airways-fication of F class meals!” I think this may have something to do with origin airport IAH. At IAH CR7 flights do not receive catering. IAH-DFW flights do not receive catering at IAH. IAH-MIA flights do receive catering at IAH, and when we had IAH-JFK that flights also received catering at IAH.

Anyway, this plastic things on F meals may have something to do with CR7 flights at IAH not receiving catering. I have flown IAH-ORD before since I live at Houston area, just happened to be all my previous IAH-ORD flights were refreshment flights. I flew IAH-LAX on CR7 and F meals were on cloth and china like all other AA F meals…

Have to say first time for me where AA’s F meal was like this. Or is this US Airways-fication of F meal service?

I should add that drinks were served in real glass, not plastic.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jan 13, 14 at 5:41 am
Old Jan 14, 14, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, IHG AMB PLT,
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle View Post
AA 2956 (MQ 2956)
IAH 11:35 p.m.
ORD 2:05 p.m.
CRJ-700
Lunch

Anyway, this plastic things on F meals may have something to do with CR7 flights at IAH not receiving catering. I have flown IAH-ORD before since I live at Houston area, just happened to be all my previous IAH-ORD flights were refreshment flights. I flew IAH-LAX on CR7 and F meals were on cloth and china like all other AA F meals…

Have to say first time for me where AA’s F meal was like this. Or is this US Airways-fication of F meal service?

I should add that drinks were served in real glass, not plastic.
Could have been a wright saving measure, where did the plane come from DFW first then onto ORD?
Old Jan 14, 14, 2:11 am

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I had elementary school lunches that looked better than that IAH CR7 meal....yuck
Old Jan 14, 14, 5:16 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
Could have been a wright saving measure, where did the plane come from DFW first then onto ORD?
CR7 rotation at IAH differs depending on a day of the week. Such as AA 3712 IAH-ORD 6:25 a.m. departure does not operate on Sunday.

The specific flight I took I remember “Incoming Flight Information” indicated that aircraft arrived at 12:50 a.m. from LAX and sat at IAH for nearly 11 hours. This is the reason I am suspecting the rotation of this specific aircraft had something to do with the meal on this specific flight. But again, could have still loaded cloth napkins, metal cutlery, etc. since those are not perishable. Hope this is not the indication of changes to come…
Old Jan 15, 14, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, IHG AMB PLT,
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle View Post
CR7 rotation at IAH differs depending on a day of the week. Such as AA 3712 IAH-ORD 6:25 a.m. departure does not operate on Sunday.

The specific flight I took I remember “Incoming Flight Information” indicated that aircraft arrived at 12:50 a.m. from LAX and sat at IAH for nearly 11 hours. This is the reason I am suspecting the rotation of this specific aircraft had something to do with the meal on this specific flight. But again, could have still loaded cloth napkins, metal cutlery, etc. since those are not perishable. Hope this is not the indication of changes to come…
Many people on this board have convinced themselves that these irregular catering issues are directly related to Parker... Until you see it regularly on all flights, I'm suspecting it is just a miscater issue.

Search this Thread