Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone seen the roast beef salad (with the eggs) or the spinach/red pepper strata this month (or even for March)?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Yup! Definitely Basic Plus catering.

For domestic midcons, AA offers two tiers of service - Basic and Basic Plus. Basic is found on shorter midcons/regional hops (ORD-DCA/NYC/BOS,
So PHL-ORD is now basic?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
What level of service does LAX-MCO receive in F for Breakfast and Dinner?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
Do the chocolate chip cookies have eggs in them?

Where can i get ingredients for all food provided in F domestic AA flights?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fly4work
What level of service does LAX-MCO receive in F for Breakfast and Dinner?
Transcon
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Yes. Been Basic for as long as I can remember, though. At least 8-10 years?

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So PHL-ORD is now basic?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So PHL-ORD is now basic?
I believe dfw-phl may be as well. I flew a lunch route last month but I believe the reports for dinner showed basic service.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
On another note, my flight from ORD>LAX for the last 4 rounds has always provided either the roast beef wrap or buffalo chicken salad. Its an 8:15 pm flight, but these meals are so tiny... The roast beef wrap is actually good, too bad its only two bites. Few carrots and a chocolate chip cookie. I'm always picking up a sandwich at Frontera since I don't get a chance to grab dinner before heading to the airport.

Are later evening flights always this "lite"? I'm pre-eating because I know my first class meal will be tiny. First world problems...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
On another note, my flight from ORD>LAX for the last 4 rounds has always provided either the roast beef wrap or buffalo chicken salad. Its an 8:15 pm flight, but these meals are so tiny... The roast beef wrap is actually good, too bad its only two bites. Few carrots and a chocolate chip cookie. I'm always picking up a sandwich at Frontera since I don't get a chance to grab dinner before heading to the airport.

Are later evening flights always this "lite"? I'm pre-eating because I know my first class meal will be tiny. First world problems...
ORD-SAN has the same at the moment. Prior to late 2012, many of the AA "snacks" were virtually identical to full meals (that big old soggy panini comes to mind ). However, since a catering change around that time, the snacks are generally truly snack-sized now. You have to take a flight departing before 8pm if you really want a full dinner.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by metallo
ORD-SAN has the same at the moment. Prior to late 2012, many of the AA "snacks" were virtually identical to full meals (that big old soggy panini comes to mind ). However, since a catering change around that time, the snacks are generally truly snack-sized now. You have to take a flight departing before 8pm if you really want a full dinner.
Several changes occurred when the snacks were shrunk:
(1) Dinner was extended from 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
(2) Longer midcons that used to get snack in the mid-afternoon became lunch service until dinner started
(3) A few very short lunch flights were converted to snack only during the lunch window (e.g., DFW-DEN and DFW-MTJ). Strangely, they still receive full dinner at the designated time.

That said, it is silly that the 8:15 p.m. ORD-LAX flight receives a true snack when the 8 p.m. ORD-LGA that is only in the air 90 minutes much of the time gets a full dinner.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:29 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by metallo
Transcon
Thank you!!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
today i was on DCA-ORD on the 335pm AE flight which shows as only refreshments and i couldn't pre-order anything so i bought something to bring onboard. then to my surprise, we have a choice of two entrees (snack offering) once inflight: shrimp salad or an italian wrap.

no mixed nuts again on an AE flight. when did they get rid of the mixed nuts with first beverage?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by madrooster
Has anyone seen the roast beef salad (with the eggs) or the spinach/red pepper strata this month (or even for March)?
had the roast beef salad on 2/8, i believe on dfw-bos or vice versa.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
i had a similar strata this past weekend DCA-DFW but it was characterized more as a broccoli and pepper strata. there was hardly any broccoli or peppers in it and tasted just like a big polenta cake.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
In the context of this thread, how would breakfast (outbound) and lunch (return) first class service on DFW-SEA be classified?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.