Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does it often happen to other AA FTers ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2002, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Does it often happen to other AA FTers ...

You check in at your airport early to beat the other Upgraders ... get told that your two-class (or-three-class) cabin is sold out - making an upgrade unavailable ... go to your premium coach seat ... the door is about to close ... and then have a Gate Agent cruise through the cabin to you and your Mrs (or Mr.) and walk you to the front of the plane for First seats?

It has happened twice in one week to old nhila. No joke.

I realize it's difficult being for me to be cool on FT all the time ... but being nice to the Gate Agents can pay off big time (hey, I have a great smile).

Much love to AA ... and yes, I will be one of those Yahoo-posters exclaiming my love for reaching the next level soon enough ...
Old Aug 27, 2002, 5:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nhila:
You check in at your airport early to beat the other Upgraders ... get told that your two-class (or-three-class) cabin is sold out - making an upgrade unavailable ... go to your premium coach seat ... the door is about to close ... and then have a Gate Agent cruise through the cabin to you and your Mrs (or Mr.) and walk you to the front of the plane for First seats?

It has happened twice in one week to old nhila. No joke.
</font>

It has happened to me, but never twice in one week.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
It won't happen this Friday as we just received our wonderful 72-hour notification for this weekend's trip (the Mrs is trying for Gold).

Though I don't think we wanted to try going 3-for-3 - two is enough.

I wonder if there has ever been a scenario where a 3-section coach passenger gets upgraded 72-hours (or whatever timeframe) in advance - then gets another upgrade to First through another mean?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 4:00 pm

I was once upgraded on a flight LHR-ORD after I had boarded the plane (I hadn't asked for an upgrade and it was nowhere near full in coach - my seat wasn't needed by someone else)

The departure co-ordinator came up to me and told me there was a seat further forwards, before handing me a new boarding pass
Old Aug 28, 2002, 4:24 pm
Suspended

I happens to me every time..

On Infinite Airways.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
I happens to me every time..

On Infinite Airways.
</font>
Golly, JonNYC, that is a new airline to me. I only have time on AA and UAL. Good luck achieiving your status on Infinite Airways.

Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:17 pm

Happened to me this week and I have no Status on AA at all; I only joined AAdvanatge FF program a week ago. See Trip report "AA105 LHR-JFK"

------------------
Chris Elvin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.