Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do AA gates at IAH connect with UA gates inside security?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:25 pm
txp
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Do AA gates at IAH connect with UA gates inside security?

Hi everyone,

I will be flying AA from IAH, out of Terminal A. Before the flight I would like to use the United Club, which is on the other side of Terminal A. Is there a connection between the two sides inside security? There was a time when the two sides did not connect directly, but I believed they fixed this. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate the reply.

Thanks!

P.S. The IAH website has no info.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
You can simply walk between the CO side of Terminal A and the AA side. I do it all the time to stretch my legs and waste time since there is no AC.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:16 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paseom2
You can simply walk between the CO side of Terminal A and the AA side. I do it all the time to stretch my legs and waste time since there is no AC.
Thanks, this is very useful. I'm member of the United Club, so I think I'll go there if I don't have to go through security again.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Yes, north side of Terminal A (UA Express, AC, and DL) and south side of Terminal A (AA, US, F9, and NK) at IAH is connected on secure side. IAH also has Terminal Link people mover on secure side connecting all terminals. If you have time to kill then you can go to United club at Terminal B, Terminal C, or Terminal E if you wish.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:31 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Yes, north side of Terminal A (UA Express, AC, and DL) and south side of Terminal A (AA, US, F9, and NK) at IAH is connected on secure side. IAH also has Terminal Link people mover on secure side connecting all terminals. If you have time to kill then you can go to United club at Terminal B, Terminal C, or Terminal E if you wish.
Thanks. If the pre-check line is not open at Terminal A at the time of my flight (10:30 am), I thought about taking the underground train to C, go through security there, use the United Club at C and then ride the people mover back to A. It's nice to see that the peoplemover is now extended all the way to A and also nice to see that they have finally connected the two sides.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
There are 2 security checkpoints in A, north and south. TSA pre is open
that time of day at the north checkpoint. I've used it frequently and it ihas been empty or maybe one person ahead of me each time. I think TSA pre is now
available at the south checkpoint too but I'm not sure of the hours.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:46 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by houstr8male
There are 2 security checkpoints in A, north and south. TSA pre is open
that time of day at the north checkpoint. I've used it frequently and it ihas been empty or maybe one person ahead of me each time. I think TSA pre is now
available at the south checkpoint too but I'm not sure of the hours.
Thanks for the info. This is very useful. The TSA website says that the pre-check at Terminal A is open 4 am to 8 am only(!), but their info is not always reliable.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
In terminal A now. TSA pre is open all day at both checkpoints.
Recommend UA club in E. It is the nicest one.
E also has TSA pre. Easy above ground train ride to A.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:14 pm
txp
Original Poster

Originally Posted by houstr8male
In terminal A now. TSA pre is open all day at both checkpoints.
Recommend UA club in E. It is the nicest one.
E also has TSA pre. Easy above ground train ride to A.
Thanks a lot, this was very helpful. We went to Teriminal A at 9:30 am and, indeed, TSA pre was open! Their website is so inaccurate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.