Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked Flight Missing from AA site?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Booked Flight Missing from AA site?

I booked a flight a month ago, received confirmation that it is ticketed.
However, the flight does not appear anywhere on AA's global flight timetable now.
It is flight 1688, departing on Jan. 1st, 2014.
Since I have a short connection to another AA Flight, I don't want to be rebooked last minute.
AA telephone rep insists the web site has lots of glitches, so I should be okay?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Amicus
I booked a flight a month ago, received confirmation that it is ticketed.
However, the flight does not appear anywhere on AA's global flight timetable now.
It is flight 1688, departing on Jan. 1st, 2014.
Since I have a short connection to another AA Flight, I don't want to be rebooked last minute.
AA telephone rep insists the web site has lots of glitches, so I should be okay?
Where exactly are you looking? (And BTW the flight appears to be operating.)
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
The site glitches out on me all the time like this. Oddly, when it happens, the reservation never shows up again on my trips or on the app but if I search manually for the res, it shows up
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
The site glitches out on me all the time like this. Oddly, when it happens, the reservation never shows up again on my trips or on the app but if I search manually for the res, it shows up
I have the same issue. I can locate my flight using the record locator but the flight does not appear on my trips list. My flight is also on January 1st.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I am reading the OP correctly, the problem is not that the rez can't be found but that the flight does not show up in AA's timetable. I was able to locate it; which is why I asked the question about where the OP was looking. No answer yet!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
If I am reading the OP correctly, the problem is not that the rez can't be found but that the flight does not show up in AA's timetable. I was able to locate it; which is why I asked the question about where the OP was looking. No answer yet!
Sorry for not replying sooner. I looked at AA timetable but also tried to find the flight just by trying to book a flight LAS to DFW, leaving open all fare options and all times of day on Jan. 1.

Nope, it is not there. Since I am flying onward to SPI, which only has two flights a day, didn't want to miss my connection.

Okay, it sounds like the website just has glitches, since you found this flight.
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Amicus
Sorry for not replying sooner. I looked at AA timetable but also tried to find the flight just by trying to book a flight LAS to DFW, leaving open all fare options and all times of day on Jan. 1.

Nope, it is not there. Since I am flying onward to SPI, which only has two flights a day, didn't want to miss my connection.

Okay, it sounds like the website just has glitches, since you found this flight.
Thanks!
If there are no seats left for purchase, I don't think it would show up when trying to book.
I would not be surprised if flights out of LAS are full on Jan 1
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAS-DFW is sold out. DFW-LAS is wide open. Both are AA 1688. Dunno which one the OP is on, but they are both operating.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by vasantn
LAS-DFW is sold out. DFW-LAS is wide open. Both are AA 1688. Dunno which one the OP is on, but they are both operating.
See post #6. (LAS to DFW)
Sold out, so it would not appear if you try to book a seat on it.

Last edited by mvoight; Dec 29, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.