Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

I recently went behind the scenes at LAX with American Airlines to tour the new A321T

I recently went behind the scenes at LAX with American Airlines to tour the new A321T

Old Dec 20, 13, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation I recently went behind the scenes at LAX with American Airlines to tour the new A321T

I recently went behind the scenes at LAX Airport with American Airlines to tour the new Airbus A321T. If you guys are interested in reading and seeing pictures with complete videos, check it out below:

American Flagship Check In and Registration http://bit.ly/1bg7fpB

Onboard the A321T First Class, Business Class, Main Cabin Extra and Main Cabin features http://bit.ly/1cXZyJr

Inside the Cockpit and Galley with an On the Tarmac Experience http://bit.ly/1dYNt5m

Final Thoughts and Comparisons between the Airbus A321T versus the Boeing 767-200 http://bit.ly/1hsU6zc

I just want to share this with you guys so you can get a feel of what the new American Airlines A321T is all about.
Old Dec 21, 13, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Thanks for posting this. I am flying this aircraft in business in February.
Old Dec 21, 13, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by houstr8male View Post
You're welcome! Enjoy your flight on the A321T in Feb!
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
AA 181

Would love to do inaugural on Jan 7 but Bus Extraa upgrades not available until 1/18/14, maybe on-board then. Thanks for posting!
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:19 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Honor Silver
Have they announced on which routes this configuration will be deployed?
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:23 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
LAX-JFK.
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
In January...

Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
So far JFK-LAX AA 133(3:45PM)and AA 181(4:45PM)westbound-did not investigate eastbounds yet. A month of two later, JFK-SFO.
Looks like great fun, but...no amenities in BC...?
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I will be in Feb as well! I am the only one in C right now and after this video I am excited!
Old Dec 22, 13, 10:34 am

Flying F on day 1
Old Dec 22, 13, 11:21 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
One of you guys better do a trip report for us!!!
Old Dec 22, 13, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm happy AA is finally bringing new aircraft to these two routes as the 767's felt like they were 10 years past their prime. Just wish they would have gone with a Boeing product. Oh well! My first flight will be in Feb 2014 JFK-SFO. I think for once AA177 and AA18 will depart on time
Old Dec 22, 13, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rich728 View Post
I'm happy AA is finally bringing new aircraft to these two routes as the 767's felt like they were 10 years past their prime. Just wish they would have gone with a Boeing product. Oh well! My first flight will be in Feb 2014 JFK-SFO. I think for once AA177 and AA18 will depart on time
JFK-SFO will still be all-767 in February.
Old Dec 26, 13, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Silver
I am in March. The worst part in business with the lay flat seats... do I want someone to climb over me or do I want to climb over someone. Ugh.
Old Dec 26, 13, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbdk View Post
I am in March. The worst part in business with the lay flat seats... do I want someone to climb over me or do I want to climb over someone. Ugh.
My rule is always take an aisle seat, if available. That way, if I need to (or want to) get up frequently, I don't disturb my neighbor. Upon boarding, I tell the window occupant that if they need to get up, they should not hesitate to give me a good shake if necessary to wake me. And some have.
Old Dec 26, 13, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FWAAA View Post
My rule is always take an aisle seat, if available. That way, if I need to (or want to) get up frequently, I don't disturb my neighbor. Upon boarding, I tell the window occupant that if they need to get up, they should not hesitate to give me a good shake if necessary to wake me. And some have.
I'm the opposite. I would rather do the disturbing than be disturbed It also helps that I am quite tall, so climbing over someone without touching their seat is pretty easy.

That and the chances of food/drink falling on you as they are passed over are much much lower.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: