Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

I recently went behind the scenes at LAX with American Airlines to tour the new A321T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I recently went behind the scenes at LAX with American Airlines to tour the new A321T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by amolkold
Flying F on day 1
+1
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond

im not too thrilled about single aisle coach section of a 6.5 hour flight across country. a 35 yr experience flight attendant on a recent flight shared his skepticism of the single aisle configuration.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Jim90068
im not too thrilled about single aisle coach section of a 6.5 hour flight across country. a 35 yr experience flight attendant on a recent flight shared his skepticism of the single aisle configuration.
Exactly. Which is why nobody is flying 757s transatlantic. And you would think that a 35 year FA would remember when AA flew 707s across the country.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jim90068
LAX-BOS is on a 752. UA flies 752s for their PS. Nothing new here
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I thought there were some TATLs that were on 757s to (the 75L).

Anywho...

Nice report on this new product. Not likely a plane I will ever fly on myself, but it seems like it's a big upgrade for the premium passengers that are so vital to the routes this plane will serve. The F seat looks very much like the J seat on the 77W. And that's a great seat.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
I thought there were some TATLs that were on 757s to (the 75L).
Fanjet was responding sarcastically, which doesn't always easily translate in writing (witness your confusion).

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Nice report on this new product. Not likely a plane I will ever fly on myself, but it seems like it's a big upgrade for the premium passengers that are so vital to the routes this plane will serve. The F seat looks very much like the J seat on the 77W. And that's a great seat.
It's a great business class seat, but it's not an outstanding First Class seat. I'm going to miss the F seats on the 762s; I'm not a diva who needs tons of privacy, nor do I require a fully flat seat to sleep. While I like the 77W J seat, it doesn't feature tons of space.

And the 2-2 business class seats that require climbing over (or being climbed over)? Right now, Delta is flying "all aisle access" business class 763s on some of its JFK-LAX frequencies.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thank you for posting this very comprehensive review. I hope to try out the new service next year myself and will report back if I do ^
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Antarius
I'm the opposite. I would rather do the disturbing than be disturbed It also helps that I am quite tall, so climbing over someone without touching their seat is pretty easy.

That and the chances of food/drink falling on you as they are passed over are much much lower.
I'm the opposite too (always prefer a window seat, better view, more privacy). That said, I try to avoid climbing over by getting out of my seat when my aisle-mate decides to get up. On a rare occasion that I need to get up before them, a simple tap on their shoulder or their arm does the trick. But again, it's very rare that I ever need to do that.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
managed to snag a 4F on the inaugural JFK-LAX. Not sure why, but am very excited
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Originally Posted by SJC AA
JFK-SFO will still be all-767 in February.
Hope it is not the 767 I just flew SFO-DFW where nothing was operational on the airplane and no PFB was offered in F. No WiFi, no entertainment, dirty lav's, bad attitudes, etc.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FWAAA

It's a great business class seat, but it's not an outstanding First Class seat. I'm going to miss the F seats on the 762s; I'm not a diva who needs tons of privacy, nor do I require a fully flat seat to sleep. While I like the 77W J seat, it doesn't feature tons of space.

And the 2-2 business class seats that require climbing over (or being climbed over)? Right now, Delta is flying "all aisle access" business class 763s on some of its JFK-LAX frequencies.
I suspect the privacy will be popular on that JFK-LAX route. As far as space goes, the one thing I loved about the 77W J seat was the amount of space to keep and store stuff. having that permanent side table space was awesome. Couple that area with the "ledge" between the seat and window, and there was all sorts of rooms. You could keep drinks, snacks, and iPad, your charging phone, etc. etc. all up there in easy reach. No need to have the tray table out and in your way.

For body space, I was fine. Though I do see how some would have issues. It can be pretty tight in the shoulder area on the "inside" side of the seat.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by donb25
Hope it is not the 767 I just flew SFO-DFW where nothing was operational on the airplane and no PFB was offered in F. No WiFi, no entertainment, dirty lav's, bad attitudes, etc.
Sounds like most of that is a crew or route issue
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Anyone on the current LAX-JFK flight?? Just launched today
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jammanxc
Anyone on the current LAX-JFK flight?? Just launched today
A few people on twitter. I'll be on the flight back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.