Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks to all FTs I'm now a 2MMiler!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2002, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Thanks to all FTs I'm now a 2MMiler!

I would like to say a very special thank you to everyone here at Flyertalk.com for your ideas and encouragement in getting me to 2MM on AA.

A year and a half ago, a friend sent me a link to this board. I then found out how the Nutrigrain promotion could get me cheap travel. During this process, I learned about 1MM status. So we bought more Nutrigrains.

Then once I had 1MM, I realized that I really wanted 2MM status. Thanks to the Goldpoints/Valuemags promotion, with some topping off by IF/Starwood, I crossed the 2,000,000 mark this morning.

I've always been travel geek. It's nice I've met other people now just like me who make me an ever bigger travel geek!

Thanks two million miles!
Old Jul 11, 2002, 9:57 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Sincere Congratulations - 30K more to go for me.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Just curious....

How many of those "miles" are hard "butt-in-seat" miles, not promos, doubles, bonuses, point conversions etc.

Not trying to flame, just curious....
Old Jul 11, 2002, 11:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I recently made 2MM getting almost half the miles from the valumag promotion. Then AA honored all lifetime TWA miles which was a big help as well.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:25 pm

Welcome to the club. How many of us are there? I'm currently at about 2.3MM.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Congratulations!
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Sincere Congratulations - 30K more to go for me.</font>
Wouldn't that make you a 1.97M Miler then?
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Congratulations! I'm trying!

------------------
munching toward one million AA miles.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 1:19 pm
W-N

Programs: AA PLT 3MM..... WN CP & A-List Preferred.... SPG Platinum
Congrats! I'm at 960k and hope to hit 1MM in August.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 4:07 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
techgirl,

You are correct. Yes, it would make me a 1.97MM (as I was reminded by someone at EXP Desk yesterday). Actually, I got that idea from TxLobo who has 1.9MM in his profile..)).

Again, my sincere Congratulations to the original poster of this thread.

Keep on trucking everyone.

[This message has been edited by freeupgrade (edited 07-11-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA - Hilton
Outstanding; congratulations. 2 Million is a nice club to belong to. Save me a slot. I am sitting at 1.1 Million. The CX promotion is helping. I am fortunate to have customers on the Arabian Peninsula. The mileage is fairly significant, even without the bonuses.

Thanks for sharing your success.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I'm 40,000 miles short of 2MM and lifetime Platinum but those miles are just sitting at Starwood waiting to be transferred. I just don't want to get the VIPOW's too early as I probably want to use them late next next and they are good for only a year. Thanks too from me to everyone here who gave me great ideas on how to accumulate mileage- and Randy Peterson for allowing me to purchase 40,000 miles at a great rate !! Hope he does this again in the future.

[This message has been edited by JIMCHI (edited 07-11-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow... congratulations!!!! I feel ashamed to say I have less than 200K...

I need to do more of these Kellogs or similar promos. Whats the current best promo for in that department AA?
Old Jul 11, 2002, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
I'm at 1.6MM, but I refuse to eat a bunch of cereal I don't like and then to send in the cutouts from the boxes to get to Plat. Another 3 years of $8M per month on the C'bank card along with a few flights and some bonuses that come up should get me there by 2005--hopefully sooner. Meanwhile, I like the bennies afforded by Lifetime Gold
Old Jul 11, 2002, 9:11 pm

Congratulations and welcome over the hurdle (personally, I am at a lowly 2.3MM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.