Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance: CX Business Connecting to AA Economy at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), LH (FF), SU
Baggage Allowance: CX Business Connecting to AA Economy at JFK

I have family reservations for business class tickets into JFK on Cathay Pacific at Christmas. I have a separate reservation on AA in economy class later the same day from JFK to BOS.

Will AA recognize my incoming connection on partner airline and extend international baggage allowance to the domestic leg on arrival? I have lifetime AAdvantage platinum status and the AAdvantage platinum card. We are relocating back to US after 10 years living overseas and keen to bring back as much as possible on this trip.

The return flight is less problematic as most baggage will either remain in BOS or come back empty.

Fred
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As American Airlines and US Airways are operating completely separately at the moment, this question is related to the pre-merger American Airlines policies and is therefore being moved to that forum.

~Moderator
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
If you can get the bags tagged all the way to BOS then you should be fine. CX should be able to do it once you show your onward itinerary from JFK. Once you exit customs, you can just drop the bags at JFK if they are already tagged.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), LH (FF), SU
Excellent advice...I was able to check my bags in with CX at CTS straight through to BOS only touching them for 50 feet at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.