Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got first American Airlines e-mail signed by Scott Kirby

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Just got first American Airlines e-mail signed by Scott Kirby

I remember when Jeff Smisek started announcing exciting changes at the new UA so my trust level is not that high that we will all be as excited as Dr. Kirby. Let's hope for the best. We spend so much time traveling so when silly people do silly things to mess it up, it's not good!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Yeah, same here:

Dear John ####,
AAdvantage Executive Platinum Number: #####

Today is a big day for American and US Airways.

Our merger has legally closed, which means we're taking an exciting step toward building the new American. We're combining to form a stronger airline with an extensive network, greater schedule options and a modern and fuel-efficient fleet.

It's important to note that there is no impact to any existing reservations you may have with American Airlines or US Airways at this time, and any mileage balance or elite status you have earned in either frequent flyer program is completely safe. You can continue to earn miles through existing AAdvantage participating companies — including the Citi® / AAdvantage credit cards — and redeem those miles for the same great awards.

We'll continue to function as two separate airlines for quite some time, and very few changes will happen immediately. For now, you won't see any changes to your travel experience as we will be focusing completely on delivering a superior operation during the busy holiday travel season. But, beginning in early January, we'll announce exciting new benefits such as the ability to earn and redeem miles on both carriers and reciprocal lounge access.

Your continued loyalty is very important to us, and we will be working hard in the coming weeks and months to deliver a world class travel experience. Look for additional communications from our new American team on these and other benefits headed your way. You also can stay up-to-date on the latest developments by visiting aa.com/arriving, as well as following our social channels.

I'm excited to start this journey and look forward to building a stronger airline for you.

Sincerely,
Scott Kirby
Scott Kirby
President
American Airlines
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Unfortunately nothing in it that we didn't really know other than to perhaps expect to earn reciprocal miles etc in Jan?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Using AA miles on US would be a big holiday bonus for me in January! I could use that US PHL-ATH flight.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Can not say anything nice=CNSAN

Can not say anything nice, but you are dumber than a wagon full of rocks=DTD
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Nothing new except to inform us there is a new sheriff at AA now
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Received the same letter. Flight attendant noted at 9am on my flight that it's done and it's a brave new world.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
My confidence in a smooth merger is strengthened by the fact that my 2 year old daughter (no status) received this form letter announcing the merger and I (PLT) received nothing.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
My confidence in a smooth merger is strengthened by the fact that my 2 year old daughter (no status) received this form letter announcing the merger and I (PLT) received nothing.
She has more years of flying ahead of her than you do.

Good business decision, imo.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
She has more years of flying ahead of her than you do.

Good business decision, imo.
LOL!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Ditto. My boy just turned 1 and got the email but i didn't. He also got the email this weekend to sign up for the AA wine club.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
Newark Aangels just barely holding themselves back this morning from really speaking their mind. They opted for the professional response with a not insignificant amount of stutter...

One little gaffe by Kirby's crew and it won't be unified employees day at the new airline.

<redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 9, 2013 at 9:06 am Reason: Content better for OMNI or OMNI/PR
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Political commentary has been deleted as it is not germane to this thread. Civility and topicality are non-optional requirements of all members' posts.

~Moderator
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (WP8 (Amber): Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

Originally Posted by skunker
Ditto. My boy just turned 1 and got the email but i didn't. He also got the email this weekend to sign up for the AA wine club.
Tell your son that Chateau Gerber vintage last Thursday is not too bad.......
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Verbal [er, written] pom-poms and kinda waste of a page -- nothing new there. Gonna get same with welcome aboard videos really soon a la the Jeff S ones that have been nauseating pax at US for a bit: I always shook my head when I heard of all the great changes UA was making including (mentioned first) "we've painted hundreds of planes". Nothing is more important in the dynamic process to the FF or the general Joe B Donut flyer as the fleet paint job. Wait for the real fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.