Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by swag
3. On the text window that pops up, type ctrl-f to search the text. Enter CURRENT BALANCE in the search text box and hit enter to search.
Using IE, I viewed the source code and found my correct sticker balance by searching for "500 mile".

The entire text was "500 Mile Upgrade Account Balance".

I should have thought of looking in the source code a long time ago. Thanks.

Added later:

I did something even easier. I viewed the source code, then used "Save As" to save the file as an .html file on my desktop. Then I clicked on the new icon and got a rudimentary web page, complete with correct 500-mile upgrade balance.

I tried to debug the source code, but was unsuccessful. I think it has to do with an improper size of the table containing the balance info. At least that is where I would look first should AA hire me to fix the problem.

The 500 Mile Upgrade Account Balance shows up in line 3681 of my source code.

Last edited by QueenOfCoach; Feb 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:47 pm

Hi all,
I've tried the recently suggested tips and got about 3 different numbers. Every time I refresh the page, I get a different balance. Sometimes 12, sometimes 14, sometimes 16. Otherwies, I'm still getting the error message. Is anyone's up to date and working?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
For those of you who have had issues with stickers posting, do they eventually post or do we now need to call into AAdvantage for a reconciliation?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:33 pm

I logged into my account onto the mobile site (not the app) on my phone and I can see my upgrade balance. Oddly, the system takes off 2 points on January 31, which is strange because I haven't flown with them since the beginning of December.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I can see it in the Print Version, not in regular online acct.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:57 pm

I did the refresh trick but see zeros across the board, should definitely not be zero. I thought this would have been resolved by the time we switched over to the new elite year.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Exclamation Reply from Customer Service

Originally Posted by swag
Nice!

If you can't spot it, you can get the number by viewing the html source code on the page. Here are the Firefox instrructions; it should be similar for other browsers.

1. Go to the View My Upgrades page. It will display the error JDiver posted.
2. Right-click on the page and select View Page Source from the popup menu.
3. On the text window that pops up, type ctrl-f to search the text. Enter CURRENT BALANCE in the search text box and hit enter to search.
4. It should take you to a section of text that looks like this:
Code:
                <tr>
                    <td class="pbnTableTotal" colspan="2">CURRENT BALANCE</td>
                    <td class="pbnTableTotal hright">0</td>
                    <td class="pbnTableTotal hright">11</td>
                </tr>
5. The last line (in my example, 11) is the current balance.

The lines (the five 0s and the 11, in my example), represent the following, in order, on the current month activity:
  • Purchased
  • Mileage Exchange
  • Earned
  • Other
  • Redeemed
  • Total

Thank you for this! I was finally able to check my current balance as It's been more than 2 weeks without being able to check it. I wrote to AA customer service and this is the message I got from them:

Thank you for your message to aa.com.

Due to the high email volume we've received recently, I apologize for
not being able to respond to you in a more timely manner.

Additionally, I'm sorry that you are currently unable to view your
upgrade balance online.

This issue has been reported to our programmers for further research and
correction. Unfortunately we do not have a timeline on when this will be
fixed. We appreciate your patience as we work through our investigation.

In the interim, it appears that your account has 5 available eUpgrades.
If this seems incorrect, the AAdvantage Platinum Desk can be reached at
1-800-843-3000 (24 hours/daily) for immediate assistance.

Thanks again for writing to aa.com. We are working hard to create a
convenient travel experience for you. From logging on to taking off, we
want to be your airline of choice.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX
AA.com Web Services
American Airlines

Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:29 pm

I have a question, how long does it typically take for stickers that you've used to show up?

I cleared an upgrade on a transcon flight that I took on 2/23 and I'm not showing that any stickers were deducted yet. Did I get away with one or is this normal?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:07 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by huberw
I have a question, how long does it typically take for stickers that you've used to show up?

I cleared an upgrade on a transcon flight that I took on 2/23 and I'm not showing that any stickers were deducted yet. Did I get away with one or is this normal?
No, it's not normal, but it also has not been out of the ordinary ever since the software upgrades. The stickers will most likely eventually be deducted.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Haven't been able to see the balance online for months.

Called to check, they said 0, I told them they were wrong and they properly credited my upgrades for flights in Dec/Jan.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I'm having the "stickers used but not deducted" issue too.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by macintoshd
Haven't been able to see the balance online for months.

Called to check, they said 0, I told them they were wrong and they properly credited my upgrades for flights in Dec/Jan.

I called, too, 2 weeks ago, as I was missing two upgrades. They said they were going to reinstate them but I still can't see the upgrades in my account....I guess it's time to call again! This sucks!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
The balance on my phone app (iphone) shows the same balance as the method for looking at the source of the webpage indicated in the earlier note. At this point, I don't know how correct they are, since I have lost count.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
The best way I have found to do it is to go to mobile.aa.com. The functionality seems to work there. I don't know if it is accurate, though.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:44 am

Javascript for making upgrade table visible

Copy the javascript: URL below, go to the upgrade page that says "your 500 mile upgrade balance is not available online at this time", and then paste the URL into your address bar and press enter. It should make the table visible. My table shows 23 upgrades, which is plausible, but I have no idea whether this previously hidden info is accurate or not.

javascript:jQuery('#pbnSummaryBody table').css('display','table')

Important note 1: you generally shouldn't paste in Javascript like I've just told you to do; Javascript can be used to steal your stuff out of the website that you paste it into. But you can trust me, if you feel like it...

Important note 2: Along those lines, I see that Chrome really doesn't want me to paste in javascript URLs like this, so it actually strips the javascript: part out when I paste in the URL. If that happens to you, you'll have to type in the javascript: part manually. You need to have the whole line above in your URL bar for it to work. No guarantees it will work even then...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.