Make sure you see bags get tagged

Old Nov 28, 13, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Make sure you see bags get tagged

@ MIA today and checked in for J on 206 to MXP. got BP and checked two bags at FC/EXP Check-In. leaving area turned around to see one of my bags on the scale, not tagged and agent had left. waited a few minutes to see if she went to get a tag but she didn't return so I went back to see my bag on the scale, luggage tag printed, with orange priorty tag affixed stuck to the counter. took a while but finally got the attention of a ticket agent and got it squared away. original agent nowhere to be seen.

this is one way a bag gets lost.
Old Nov 28, 13, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
During the summer I was flying ORD-LAS. After the agent had tagged and was about to put it on the belt I noticed it said LGA instead of LAS. I pointed that out and was told 'sometimes these things happen'.

Wonder what would have happened if I didn't notice it? It was probably a baggage sticker left behind from the previous pax that checked in?
Old Nov 28, 13, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Checking in at MSY a couple years ago, the F agent was flustered with a morning rush of pax and tagged my bag with another passengers tag for SFO, and their bag to DEN. Glad I noticed it before the other bag made it down the belt, or else it would have been an interesting day at the lost baggage office.
Old Nov 29, 13, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath View Post
Wonder what would have happened if I didn't notice it? It was probably a baggage sticker left behind from the previous pax that checked in?
The rare time I check bags, I always check the tag. At one of those multi Kiosk, one agent places, she mixed up two people, buy calling out first name... I have a common first name and so did the guy next to me with a similar bag.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: