77W 300 LAX to LHR real seat map?

Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, United, Air France
77W 300 LAX to LHR real seat map?

On the phone reserving LAX to LHR on AA136 with AA reservations when choosing a Main Cabin Extra seat, I was told by the agent that 17H, 18H and 19H all have an aisle on either side of them. On Seat Guru and on the AA site this is not apparent, however on Expert Flyer this aisle shows up. What's the story? And, would this seat be better? on a flight leaving in two weeks most of this cabin looks empty in the middle section. Would it be better to be in the H row, or in the D or E with no-one next, at this time... do these MCE seats fill up 24 hours prior? Would an aisle 17C or 17J with the middle empty and the window occupied be a better bet? and lastly, is this LAX to LHR on the 77W300 a better trip than the AA48 on a 767-300 in a middle section seat (rows 12 and 13CEG currently unoccupied).
Thanks for your help! Haven't yet flown on the 777-300
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ParisSantaFe
On the phone reserving LAX to LHR on AA136 with AA reservations when choosing a Main Cabin Extra seat, I was told by the agent that 17H, 18H and 19H all have an aisle on either side of them. On Seat Guru and on the AA site this is not apparent, however on Expert Flyer this aisle shows up. What's the story? And, would this seat be better? on a flight leaving in two weeks most of this cabin looks empty in the middle section. Would it be better to be in the H row, or in the D or E with no-one next, at this time... do these MCE seats fill up 24 hours prior? Would an aisle 17C or 17J with the middle empty and the window occupied be a better bet? and lastly, is this LAX to LHR on the 77W300 a better trip than the AA48 on a 767-300 in a middle section seat (rows 12 and 13CEG currently unoccupied).
Thanks for your help! Haven't yet flown on the 777-300
There is no extra aisle for "H" seats. Please see the following picture posted by kingdomchris ..
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:30 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

MCE on the 773 is 3-3-3. main cabin is 3-4-3
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

I assume the configurations are the same on all routes ie LAX to LHR is the same as DFW to LHR? Because both the AA agent said and the Expert Flyer seat map showed that there was a separation between H and E.
That said, do you think that the MCE seats are appreciably better on the 77W LAX/LHR than the 767 DFW/CDG?
Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I assume the configurations are the same on all routes ie LAX to LHR is the same as DFW to LHR? Because both the AA agent said and the Expert Flyer seat map showed that there was a separation between H and E.
That said, do you think that the MCE seats are appreciably better on the 77W LAX/LHR than the 767 DFW/CDG?
Thanks!
DFW-LHR runs on the 773 AND 772. but yes is the answer if you are looking at the 777-300 DFW to LHR. those are the same layout as the LAX-LHR 773.

the gap you see on expert flyer is because they show the full economy cabin so the column of seats is consistent all the way through though remove the one seat to make the 3-3-3 configuration in MCE.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. And as for going to CDG direct from DFW on the 767 in the MCE seats, is that comparable? have they upgraded their video systems etc on those? Or is the 773 LAX to LHR (+ connection to CDG) a truly upgraded experience?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

AA's 767s have no AVOD. The 77Ws do.

The 767 MCE seats are rather narrow, while the 77W MCE seats are slightly wider.

Economy travel is lousy. In MCE, it's just a little bit more comfortable. On the 77W, it will be just a tiny bit better than on the 767.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i mean the leg room is similar--but the bulkhead rows on the 773 are much larger.

the 767 mce is better than regular coach, sure but it isnt as good as on the 773 and there is no upgraded video system that i'm currently aware of. so i wouldnt call it a "truly upgraded" experience.

i love the 773. they did it right and would personally opt for a connection in LHR over the 767 if there was no price differential.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

773 v 767

Thanks so much for your response! Economy is painful but just don't have the miles to go Business, and it's a miles trip. I have 40 of the 500 mile upgrades but can't use them for international. Is there any possibility of getting upgraded in another way?

Originally Posted by VSLover
i mean the leg room is similar--but the bulkhead rows on the 773 are much larger.

the 767 mce is better than regular coach, sure but it isnt as good as on the 773 and there is no upgraded video system that i'm currently aware of. so i wouldnt call it a "truly upgraded" experience.

i love the 773. they did it right and would personally opt for a connection in LHR over the 767 if there was no price differential.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I saw this today and actually was curious about it. Glad it got cleared up.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, AA EXP, ASMVPG
Thanks so much for your response! Economy is painful but just don't have the miles to go Business, and it's a miles trip. I have 40 of the 500 mile upgrades but can't use them for international. Is there any possibility of getting upgraded in another way?
On an economy award no there is not a way to confirm an upgrade. If you purchase an economy ticket you could use the miles and copay $$ option. Go to AAdvantage on the website and look under upgrades.

As for connecting in LHR vs direct to CDG.....if you are flying economy my vote would be for the direct route...YMMV.

Last edited by LNYAUS; Nov 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm Reason: Correction
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LNYAUS
On an economy award no there is not a way to confirm an upgrade. If you purchase an economy ticket you could use the miles and copay $$ option. Go to AAdvantage on the website and look under upgrades.

As for connecting in LHR vs direct to CDG.....if you are flying economy my vote would be for the direct route...YMMV.
Thanks, LYNAUS. so you would opt for DFW-CDG on 767 in the Main Cabin Extra vs the LAX-CDG via LHR on the 773 in the Main Cabin Extra? Sorry to be so redundant... I am curious about the new plane but not sure if the flame is worth the candle.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Thanks, LYNAUS. so you would opt for DFW-CDG on 767 in the Main Cabin Extra vs the LAX-CDG via LHR on the 773 in the Main Cabin Extra? Sorry to be so redundant... I am curious about the new plane but not sure if the flame is worth the candle.
Given the two choices, I'd fly the longer route in MCE on the 77W due to better IFE.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reeg2
Given the two choices, I'd fly the longer route in MCE on the 77W due to better IFE.
But isn't that why Steve Jobs invented ipads? IMO if we're talking seat room/comfort, I'm right there with you but if we're talking IFE, its a non starter. Of course YMMV.

Safe holiday travels to you all.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by reeg2
And I'd take the shorter non-stop. IFE isn't worth the extra 4+ hours of my time including a terminal change and the possibility of a misconnnect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.