FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Check your Promo Registrations! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1524340-check-your-promo-registrations.html)

sombrachinesca Nov 23, 2013 6:43 am

Check your Promo Registrations!

I know this should fall under website issues, but I think it is important enough -- and requires quick action on our part -- that it should be separate at least for a few days.

Noticed that I had not received bonus miles from a promotion for a flight taken last weekend -- I had already done this once before and the miles posted more quickly.

Tried to re-register for the promo on AA.com ... expecting to get the "you are already registered" message. Instead, it allowed me to register.

Tried on several other active promos that I had already registered for (Milan bonus, Europe bonus, etc...) and for which I have trips in December... once again, allowed me to register. Received email confirmations as though it was the first time I had ever enrolled.

Bottom line -- may be a glitch and our promo registrations may already be there... but on the surface, looks like they have all been cleared. :mad:

Edited to add This includes the Elite Rewards promo code!

Bill

WNLuvr Nov 23, 2013 8:00 am

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca (Post 21838060)

Bill

I can confirm that the same thing happened to me with ELTA3, the Elite Rewards promo code. Flew my 40,000th mile qualifying flight on November 3, didn't hear anything, went back to to the Elite Rewards page and it said I hadn't yet qualified. For kicks, I clicked the register link and it allowed me to re-register and I received the registration confirmation e-mail. I am certain I registered back when the promo started earlier in the year.

Beware!

SK Nov 23, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked too, and I also didn't get the "you are already registered" message, and was allowed to register, for all promotions I had already registered after Aug 2013 - for the ones before, it recognized that I was already registered!

So I went on and re-registered for the promotions after Aug 2013, including the all important ELTA3 (Cumulative Elite Rewards).

Fly2Where Nov 23, 2013 8:03 am

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca (Post 21838060)
I know this should fall under website issues, but I think it is important enough -- and requires quick action on our part -- that it should be separate at least for a few days.

Noticed that I had not received bonus miles from a promotion for a flight taken last weekend -- I had already done this once before and the miles posted more quickly.

Tried to re-register for the promo on AA.com ... expecting to get the "you are already registered" message. Instead, it allowed me to register.

Tried on several other active promos that I had already registered for (Milan bonus, Europe bonus, etc...) and for which I have trips in December... once again, allowed me to register. Received email confirmations as though it was the first time I had ever enrolled.

Bottom line -- may be a glitch and our promo registrations may already be there... but on the surface, looks like they have all been cleared. :mad:

Bill

Arh... Thanks for heads up. I tried, it allowed me to register!! Which means, they cleared out my saved promo. Also, weird that they also cleared the "enrolled me" function.

diver858 Nov 23, 2013 8:23 am

Hmmm - I reached the second milestone for ELTA3 a week ago, called yesterday to ask why I had not yet received an email, did not show when I signed in to the ELTA3 promotion (only that I already redeemed milestone 1). Agent said that they are still upgrading systems ("behind the scenes"), I should give it until early next week. After reading this thread, I was again able to register, but the second milestone was still not there.

So while the OP is correct, I would not be surprised if the promo registrations reappear once the dust settles (Monday?).

Madison Guy Nov 23, 2013 8:41 am

Same - I can re-register for all previously registered promos. But then again, I still have a lot of "transaction pending" descriptions for previously posted transctions as well.

karee888 Nov 23, 2013 9:01 am

Same here. Was able to re-register for the Europe promo and Elite Rewards promo.

Dallas49er Nov 23, 2013 9:47 am

Just (re)registered MrsDallas49er (who will cross 82k EQM today, 11/23, LAX-NRT), and myself.

THIS IS WHAT POPPED UP AFTER I (RE)REGISTERED: Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive. For more details regarding this promotion, visit www.aa.com/offers.

For my wife's sake, I hope this is a screw up, and AA didn't reset the "trip" meter. OTOH-I have already gotten my E-VIP! :D (Tongue in cheek)Does this represent an opportunity for another if AA resets?

OBTW-Had this show up in my Mileage activity:

11/19/13 AMERICAN AIRLINES 0225 Y DFW IAH 224 224 448
11/20/13 Transaction Pending 224 776 1,000

Anybody seeing anything similar?

eightmillionmiler Nov 23, 2013 10:42 am

Yep, shafted the same way.

fridge5 Nov 23, 2013 10:50 am

I check both our accounts and was allowed to register all promos again as well

RealFan Nov 23, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks for the warning. I just reregistered as well. I just returned from Europe and had registered for the Europe award before I booked and flew on the trip. I wonder how AA will handle this now?

Fornebufox Nov 23, 2013 12:05 pm

I reregistered and got the registration confirmation (instead of the "you are already registered" message). I do hope they plan to honor the original T&C which allow registration by December 31. What a mess this website update is!

grrizzli Nov 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dallas49er (Post 21838776)
THIS IS WHAT POPPED UP AFTER I (RE)REGISTERED: Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive. For more details regarding this promotion, visit www.aa.com/offers.

If this were true, it would be already the healthcare.gov level malfunction.

Pinned Nov 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Reregistered my promos. The AA site has not been doing so well lately!

alecheverry Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm mad - I registered again for promos

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I can confirm that this happened to me to! I was able to register (AGAIN) for at least 6 promotions - Elite, Europe, Milan, Latin America (Bogota) etc. I registered for some of these promotions weeks ago and I hope to get the miles posted (Not the "you didn't register prior to your flight" yada yada). All of you need to register again just in case!:td::td::mad:

Fanjet Nov 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Don't people save their email confirmation after registering for a promo? There's no better proof that you signed-up for a promo than that.

frmnj Nov 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Check your Promo Registrations!

I got the 25000 bonus for the Europe promo for a round trip last week within 24 hours of the trip but none for the J round trip this week. Lo and behold, the site lets me register again. Guess i have to go through painful customer service conversation unless things post next week

GB Nov 24, 2013 3:55 pm

With all of the issues allowing "re-registration", I am electing to sit back and let AA sort it out. I wouldn't want to further exarcerbate the situation by re-registering for promos I had already registered for.

socalduck Nov 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by GB (Post 21846666)
With all of the issues allowing "re-registration", I am electing to sit back and let AA sort it out. I wouldn't want to further exarcerbate the situation by re-registering for promos I had already registered for.

I was thinking the same thing. I got the milestone notification 10 days ago for the 75k ELTA3 award and selected the SWU, but nothing has appeared in my account. Fortunately I do have the email.

Madison Guy Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Wait it out, don't wait it out. Easily spoofed email confirmations as proof? Yeah, right! Clearly, AA has a major systems (integration?) issue based on other threads. Hopefully, their I.T. systems personnel are smart enough to sort it out based on the archives they have. If not, well, AAdvantage just took a major nosedive - and at this juncture, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for their ability to resolve the issue. BUT, only time ill tell for sure....

brp Nov 25, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks, OP!

We have a Business Class flight on Wednesday to Europe. We had registered for the bonus (USF13), and just registered again today :)

I'm sure it would have gotten sorted in the end, but better to not have to deal with it.

Cheers.

morerum4me Nov 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I also reregistered for the promos but for one it did notify me that I had already registered, so I'm not sure waiting it out is the best move since at least in that one case, my previous registration was retained.

diver858 Nov 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 21838415)
Hmmm - I reached the second milestone for ELTA3 a week ago, called yesterday to ask why I had not yet received an email, did not show when I signed in to the ELTA3 promotion (only that I already redeemed milestone 1). Agent said that they are still upgrading systems ("behind the scenes"), I should give it until early next week. After reading this thread, I was again able to register, but the second milestone was still not there.

So while the OP is correct, I would not be surprised if the promo registrations reappear once the dust settles (Monday?).

UPDATE ELTA3 Milestone 2 credited today.

dmbtr3 Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Call me paranoid, I just re-registered for all. Thanks!

JDiver Nov 25, 2013 10:41 pm

The likely culprit might be Ventana (the extensive update being made to AA's software). Keep those e-mailed notices of promo registration; they might well come in handy.

wls Nov 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Registered again for Europe just before boarding the plane to DUS. Original promo confirmation was Sept 26. Hopefully having checked in doesn't mess up registering before flying

socalduck Nov 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 21854574)

UPDATE ELTA3 Milestone 2 credited today.

My ELTA3 SWU also posted in the last 24 hours. Now, I just hope my LAX promo is in the system when I fly next week.

footballfanatic Nov 26, 2013 9:16 pm

call the aadvantage desk. the AAdvantage desk should know when you initially registered regardless of the website.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Nov 26, 2013 11:00 pm

They can't just leave those who don't read FT out to hang and dry, so I bet they have the promos stored somewhere and will put it back in eventually, but since I'm also a paranoid FT reader, I re-registered.

aafreq Nov 27, 2013 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Madison Guy (Post 21847552)
Wait it out, don't wait it out. Easily spoofed email confirmations as proof? Yeah, right! Clearly, AA has a major systems (integration?) issue based on other threads. Hopefully, their I.T. systems personnel are smart enough to sort it out based on the archives they have. If not, well, AAdvantage just took a major nosedive - and at this juncture, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for their ability to resolve the issue. BUT, only time ill tell for sure....

Excellent review of the MAJOR IT problem !
With absolutely NO EXPLANATION nor possible RESOLUTION from aa....
I compare it to sitting on the plane without the Pilot informing the PAX why
A rapid descent is occurring...:td:

aafreq Nov 27, 2013 7:26 am

VENTANAS = WINDOWS en Espanole

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 21855239)
The likely culprit might be Ventana (the extensive update being made to AA's software). Keep those e-mailed notices of promo registration; they might well come in handy.

As I am confident you are well aware, it is only the same program Windows with a different name...Spanish...IMHO...
Wish aa would issue some sort of explanation.....guess its too much to ask after close to a month of 'glitches'....:confused:

zoombee Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Wow. If they aren't able to reinstate the registered status this is going to be a real mess for AA. Thanks op, re-registering just to be safe.

On a semi-related note: does anyone know how safe/reliable is it to change my address from one in Europe to one in the US so I qualify for USF13 even though I'm not a US resident? I suspect there's a thread on it I couldn't find?

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Nov 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by aafreq (Post 21863017)
As I am confident you are well aware, it is only the same program Windows with a different name...Spanish...IMHO...
Wish aa would issue some sort of explanation.....guess its too much to ask after close to a month of 'glitches'....:confused:

While Ventana may translate to Windows, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as MS Windows.

Antarius Dec 3, 2013 4:42 pm

To improve your experience, aa.com is performing system maintenance until 6:00 p.m. CST today Tuesday December 3rd which will impact your ability to register for AAdvantage promotions. We appreciate your patience.
Posted on aa.com

Pinned Dec 3, 2013 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by socalduck (Post 21860516)
My ELTA3 SWU also posted in the last 24 hours. Now, I just hope my LAX promo is in the system when I fly next week.

AALAX expired on November 30th, if that's what you're talking about.

frmnj Dec 4, 2013 6:06 pm

My second round trip J to Europe did not post. Had to call Customer Service. Nice agent pushed through the 25K miles after I explained the issue with promo registrations getting lost. Took 5 minutes but a 15 minute wait to get connected to the agent.

brp Dec 4, 2013 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by frmnj (Post 21905085)
My second round trip J to Europe did not post. Had to call Customer Service. Nice agent pushed through the 25K miles after I explained the issue with promo registrations getting lost. Took 5 minutes but a 15 minute wait to get connected to the agent.

How long from the flight did it take the bonus miles to post? We flew in J (well F, but paid I) last Wednesday. I even re-registered us based on this thread. So, we should be getting 12.5K each, but I didn't want to call as yet. If it should have posted by now, though, I will.

Cheers.

maggie08 Dec 4, 2013 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by zoombee (Post 21864583)
On a semi-related note: does anyone know how safe/reliable is it to change my address from one in Europe to one in the US so I qualify for USF13 even though I'm not a US resident? I suspect there's a thread on it I couldn't find?

I'm interested in this as well.

Regarding whether or not it's "safe" - I dunno, but I already did it. My SO is living in Europe right now, I changed his address to mine back some time ago before registering for this. We'll find out in a few weeks if it works.

I guess though in the meantime I'll be reregistering both of us for everything. I think I need a better way of keeping track of stuff I've registered for. What if I hadn't seen this thread?! :eek:

frmnj Dec 6, 2013 3:52 pm

My first round trip (week before the registrations were messed up for everyone) posted at 12.5k apiece for each one way flight within 48 hours. Second round trip did not post for 2 weeks so I called in to get it fixed.

Originally Posted by brp (Post 21905119)
Quote:

Originally Posted by frmnj

How long from the flight did it take the bonus miles to post? We flew in J (well F, but paid I) last Wednesday. I even re-registered us based on this thread. So, we should be getting 12.5K each, but I didn't want to call as yet. If it should have posted by now, though, I will.

Cheers.

swajames Dec 6, 2013 5:29 pm

outbound leg of my business class trip from SFO to LHR has posted, but not the 12,500 mile promo bonus for this flight... I'll leave it a few days then will call. I've already had two round trips earn the promo so AA can easily verify that I did register for the promotion.