Check your Promo Registrations!

Old Nov 27, 13, 7:26 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
VENTANAS = WINDOWS en Espanole

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
The likely culprit might be Ventana (the extensive update being made to AA's software). Keep those e-mailed notices of promo registration; they might well come in handy.
As I am confident you are well aware, it is only the same program Windows with a different name...Spanish...IMHO...
Wish aa would issue some sort of explanation.....guess its too much to ask after close to a month of 'glitches'....
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wow. If they aren't able to reinstate the registered status this is going to be a real mess for AA. Thanks op, re-registering just to be safe.

On a semi-related note: does anyone know how safe/reliable is it to change my address from one in Europe to one in the US so I qualify for USF13 even though I'm not a US resident? I suspect there's a thread on it I couldn't find?
Old Nov 27, 13, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by aafreq View Post
As I am confident you are well aware, it is only the same program Windows with a different name...Spanish...IMHO...
Wish aa would issue some sort of explanation.....guess its too much to ask after close to a month of 'glitches'....
While Ventana may translate to Windows, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as MS Windows.
Old Dec 3, 13, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
To improve your experience, aa.com is performing system maintenance until 6:00 p.m. CST today Tuesday December 3rd which will impact your ability to register for AAdvantage promotions. We appreciate your patience.
Posted on aa.com
Old Dec 3, 13, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by socalduck View Post
My ELTA3 SWU also posted in the last 24 hours. Now, I just hope my LAX promo is in the system when I fly next week.
AALAX expired on November 30th, if that's what you're talking about.
Old Dec 4, 13, 6:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold
My second round trip J to Europe did not post. Had to call Customer Service. Nice agent pushed through the 25K miles after I explained the issue with promo registrations getting lost. Took 5 minutes but a 15 minute wait to get connected to the agent.
Old Dec 4, 13, 6:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by frmnj View Post
My second round trip J to Europe did not post. Had to call Customer Service. Nice agent pushed through the 25K miles after I explained the issue with promo registrations getting lost. Took 5 minutes but a 15 minute wait to get connected to the agent.
How long from the flight did it take the bonus miles to post? We flew in J (well F, but paid I) last Wednesday. I even re-registered us based on this thread. So, we should be getting 12.5K each, but I didn't want to call as yet. If it should have posted by now, though, I will.

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 13, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by zoombee View Post
On a semi-related note: does anyone know how safe/reliable is it to change my address from one in Europe to one in the US so I qualify for USF13 even though I'm not a US resident? I suspect there's a thread on it I couldn't find?
I'm interested in this as well.

Regarding whether or not it's "safe" - I dunno, but I already did it. My SO is living in Europe right now, I changed his address to mine back some time ago before registering for this. We'll find out in a few weeks if it works.

I guess though in the meantime I'll be reregistering both of us for everything. I think I need a better way of keeping track of stuff I've registered for. What if I hadn't seen this thread?!
Old Dec 6, 13, 3:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold
My first round trip (week before the registrations were messed up for everyone) posted at 12.5k apiece for each one way flight within 48 hours. Second round trip did not post for 2 weeks so I called in to get it fixed.

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by frmnj

How long from the flight did it take the bonus miles to post? We flew in J (well F, but paid I) last Wednesday. I even re-registered us based on this thread. So, we should be getting 12.5K each, but I didn't want to call as yet. If it should have posted by now, though, I will.

Cheers.
Old Dec 6, 13, 5:29 pm

outbound leg of my business class trip from SFO to LHR has posted, but not the 12,500 mile promo bonus for this flight... I'll leave it a few days then will call. I've already had two round trips earn the promo so AA can easily verify that I did register for the promotion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: