Check your Promo Registrations!

Old Nov 24, 13, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Don't people save their email confirmation after registering for a promo? There's no better proof that you signed-up for a promo than that.
Old Nov 24, 13, 3:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold
Check your Promo Registrations!

I got the 25000 bonus for the Europe promo for a round trip last week within 24 hours of the trip but none for the J round trip this week. Lo and behold, the site lets me register again. Guess i have to go through painful customer service conversation unless things post next week
Old Nov 24, 13, 3:55 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
With all of the issues allowing "re-registration", I am electing to sit back and let AA sort it out. I wouldn't want to further exarcerbate the situation by re-registering for promos I had already registered for.
Old Nov 24, 13, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL GM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by GB View Post
With all of the issues allowing "re-registration", I am electing to sit back and let AA sort it out. I wouldn't want to further exarcerbate the situation by re-registering for promos I had already registered for.
I was thinking the same thing. I got the milestone notification 10 days ago for the 75k ELTA3 award and selected the SWU, but nothing has appeared in my account. Fortunately I do have the email.
Old Nov 24, 13, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Wait it out, don't wait it out. Easily spoofed email confirmations as proof? Yeah, right! Clearly, AA has a major systems (integration?) issue based on other threads. Hopefully, their I.T. systems personnel are smart enough to sort it out based on the archives they have. If not, well, AAdvantage just took a major nosedive - and at this juncture, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for their ability to resolve the issue. BUT, only time ill tell for sure....
Old Nov 25, 13, 10:09 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Thanks, OP!

We have a Business Class flight on Wednesday to Europe. We had registered for the bonus (USF13), and just registered again today

I'm sure it would have gotten sorted in the end, but better to not have to deal with it.

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 13, 1:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I also reregistered for the promos but for one it did notify me that I had already registered, so I'm not sure waiting it out is the best move since at least in that one case, my previous registration was retained.
Old Nov 25, 13, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
Hmmm - I reached the second milestone for ELTA3 a week ago, called yesterday to ask why I had not yet received an email, did not show when I signed in to the ELTA3 promotion (only that I already redeemed milestone 1). Agent said that they are still upgrading systems ("behind the scenes"), I should give it until early next week. After reading this thread, I was again able to register, but the second milestone was still not there.

So while the OP is correct, I would not be surprised if the promo registrations reappear once the dust settles (Monday?).
UPDATE ELTA3 Milestone 2 credited today.
Old Nov 25, 13, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Call me paranoid, I just re-registered for all. Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 13, 10:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The likely culprit might be Ventana (the extensive update being made to AA's software). Keep those e-mailed notices of promo registration; they might well come in handy.
Old Nov 26, 13, 2:23 pm
wls

Programs: AA EXP - 1MM
Thanks for the heads up. Registered again for Europe just before boarding the plane to DUS. Original promo confirmation was Sept 26. Hopefully having checked in doesn't mess up registering before flying
Old Nov 26, 13, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL GM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post

UPDATE ELTA3 Milestone 2 credited today.
My ELTA3 SWU also posted in the last 24 hours. Now, I just hope my LAX promo is in the system when I fly next week.
Old Nov 26, 13, 9:16 pm

call the aadvantage desk. the AAdvantage desk should know when you initially registered regardless of the website.
Old Nov 26, 13, 11:00 pm

They can't just leave those who don't read FT out to hang and dry, so I bet they have the promos stored somewhere and will put it back in eventually, but since I'm also a paranoid FT reader, I re-registered.
Old Nov 27, 13, 7:17 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Originally Posted by Madison Guy View Post
Wait it out, don't wait it out. Easily spoofed email confirmations as proof? Yeah, right! Clearly, AA has a major systems (integration?) issue based on other threads. Hopefully, their I.T. systems personnel are smart enough to sort it out based on the archives they have. If not, well, AAdvantage just took a major nosedive - and at this juncture, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for their ability to resolve the issue. BUT, only time ill tell for sure....
Excellent review of the MAJOR IT problem !
With absolutely NO EXPLANATION nor possible RESOLUTION from aa....
I compare it to sitting on the plane without the Pilot informing the PAX why
A rapid descent is occurring...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: