China transit without visa

Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I will be flying to Peking with AA (ETA 2145) and then continuing a few hours later with SQ (ETD 0115) to Singapore.

I will commence the journey in LAX and am paranoid that some stupid, ignorant AA agent will deny boarding since I have no Chinese visa.

Is this is a real concern or have the AA agents been educated about China TWOV rules? I called the AA-800#, but those agents were fairly clueless too and just shunted the responsibility to the airport.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by FedUp2
I will be flying to Peking with AA (ETA 2145) and then continuing a few hours later with SQ (ETD 0115) to Singapore.

I will commence the journey in LAX and am paranoid that some stupid, ignorant AA agent will deny boarding since I have no Chinese visa.

Is this is a real concern or have the AA agents been educated about China TWOV rules? I called the AA-800#, but those agents were fairly clueless too and just shunted the responsibility to the airport.
I've used TWOV (Transit Without Visa) to PVG many times and the counter agents were able to find it. To speed them up, you can use that exact term.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Since you are departing from a hub and not some small outstation it is almost certain there wont be any problems or questions. Make sure you have your SQ ticket printed out on paper. If there are questions make sure the agent reads the China visa portion on his/her computer all the way (system is called Timatic). The exception is clearly written out in it.
tjw1212 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:22 am

One way to find the specific reference to TWOV is to query Timatic using PEK as the transit point. In your case, query US-SIN. Then look under the transit provision (China). The TWOV exceptions will be shown.

I expect.

I say that because an AAgent at SFO showed me how to find the same transit provision for my upcoming US-PVG-NRT-US trip. It didn't come up when you query US-PVG/PEK, only when you query US-SIN/NRT and look for transit via PEK/PVG/et al.
tjw1212 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EXP, SPG-Plat

I just did a flight to pek and everything went smoothly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.