LGA-STL CR7 service... any food service first class?

Old Nov 18, 13, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
LGA-STL CR7 service... any food service first class?

On the 3pm flight...? It's a rather long flight, will they just be serving nuts??

thanks!
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:18 pm

Haven't flown this flight since it went CR7, but there was always a meal service in F. I don't expect any different now.

Making a dummy reservation on AA, it shows Snack/Brunch, so yes, there will be a meal service.
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:21 pm

Just got off F in CR7. It was shrimp salad today.
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:28 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky View Post
Haven't flown this flight since it went CR7, but there was always a meal service in F. I don't expect any different now.

Making a dummy reservation on AA, it shows Snack/Brunch, so yes, there will be a meal service.
Originally Posted by salesflyerguy View Post
Do they have the ability to do anything hot on the CR7? That seems like a long enough flight to warrant a hot meal. I've only flown CR7 LAX-SJC/SFO, so there'd be no meal anyway.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Do they have the ability to do anything hot on the CR7? That seems like a long enough flight to warrant a hot meal. I've only flown CR7 LAX-SJC/SFO, so there'd be no meal anyway.

Cheers.
They do not, as CR7's do not have an oven (sadly).
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh great! Better than nothing!! Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
On the 3pm flight...? It's a rather long flight, will they just be serving nuts??

thanks!
And I was going to say, no, they will be serving all of the first class passengers.
Old Nov 18, 13, 3:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dickinson View Post
And I was going to say, no, they will be serving all of the first class passengers.
Clever!
Old Nov 18, 13, 3:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT

Cheers.
No. But honestly, despite being cold, the meals on Eagle flights are often just as substantial as on mainline and generally of the same quality, so they don't skimp in that area.
Old Nov 18, 13, 4:09 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheers.
Don't give them any ideas!
Old Nov 18, 13, 5:45 pm

Programs: Various
Meal or No Meal is based on flight block time. I believe flights of 2:00 + received a meal on AA.

On this route you would get Lunch or Snack, which is the same meal on the 3:00pm flight. Dinner on the 6:15pm flight, and Cold Breakfast on the 8:00am flight. None of the Eagle flights (CR7/EMB75) with F have ovens on any route in the system.
Old Nov 18, 13, 7:02 pm

The shrimp salad wasn't very tasty. My neighbor passenger got the crackers instead. I should've had that. I had a really good curry chicken wrap last month ORD-DFW evening flight. I hope they serve that again.
Old Nov 18, 13, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
The shrimp salad wasn't very tasty. My neighbor passenger got the crackers instead. I should've had that. I had a really good curry chicken wrap last month ORD-DFW evening flight. I hope they serve that again.
Apples to oranges as the shrimp salad (and the subject of this post) is on Eagle and your Curry Chicken on Mainline.
Old Nov 18, 13, 7:55 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
No cookies
Old Nov 18, 13, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 View Post
Apples to oranges as the shrimp salad (and the subject of this post) is on Eagle and your Curry Chicken on Mainline.
I get that, but I had another unappetizing meal BOS-DFW once. The crew noticed and was nice enough to notice and offer me crackers or something, I don't recall.

Anyway, the CR7 meal was ok but not something I'd order. The baked crackers (I don't know the name, they come in the bag) and brownie were the best part. I hate sounding like I'm complaining because I was fortunate to get F this flight. Like I said, not what I'd order but I ate some of it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: