FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   LGA-STL CR7 service... any food service first class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1522814-lga-stl-cr7-service-any-food-service-first-class.html)

oneworld82 Nov 18, 2013 1:52 pm

LGA-STL CR7 service... any food service first class?

On the 3pm flight...? It's a rather long flight, will they just be serving nuts??

thanks!

Apieinthesky Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Haven't flown this flight since it went CR7, but there was always a meal service in F. I don't expect any different now.

Making a dummy reservation on AA, it shows Snack/Brunch, so yes, there will be a meal service.

salesflyerguy Nov 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Just got off F in CR7. It was shrimp salad today.

brp Nov 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky (Post 21807623)
Haven't flown this flight since it went CR7, but there was always a meal service in F. I don't expect any different now.

Making a dummy reservation on AA, it shows Snack/Brunch, so yes, there will be a meal service.

Originally Posted by salesflyerguy (Post 21807645)

Do they have the ability to do anything hot on the CR7? That seems like a long enough flight to warrant a hot meal. I've only flown CR7 LAX-SJC/SFO, so there'd be no meal anyway.

Cheers.

oneworld82 Nov 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 21807695)
Do they have the ability to do anything hot on the CR7? That seems like a long enough flight to warrant a hot meal. I've only flown CR7 LAX-SJC/SFO, so there'd be no meal anyway.

Cheers.

They do not, as CR7's do not have an oven (sadly).

oneworld82 Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by salesflyerguy (Post 21807645)

Oh great! Better than nothing!! Thanks! :)

dickinson Nov 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82 (Post 21807436)
On the 3pm flight...? It's a rather long flight, will they just be serving nuts??

thanks!

And I was going to say, no, they will be serving all of the first class passengers. :D

oneworld82 Nov 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson (Post 21807780)
And I was going to say, no, they will be serving all of the first class passengers. :D

Clever! :cool:

MAH4546 Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Cheers.

No. But honestly, despite being cold, the meals on Eagle flights are often just as substantial as on mainline and generally of the same quality, so they don't skimp in that area.

HNL Nov 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Cheers.

Don't give them any ideas!

Robt760 Nov 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Meal or No Meal is based on flight block time. I believe flights of 2:00 + received a meal on AA.

On this route you would get Lunch or Snack, which is the same meal on the 3:00pm flight. Dinner on the 6:15pm flight, and Cold Breakfast on the 8:00am flight. None of the Eagle flights (CR7/EMB75) with F have ovens on any route in the system.

salesflyerguy Nov 18, 2013 7:02 pm

The shrimp salad wasn't very tasty. My neighbor passenger got the crackers instead. I should've had that. I had a really good curry chicken wrap last month ORD-DFW evening flight. I hope they serve that again.

tylerdurden4543 Nov 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by salesflyerguy (Post 21809461)
The shrimp salad wasn't very tasty. My neighbor passenger got the crackers instead. I should've had that. I had a really good curry chicken wrap last month ORD-DFW evening flight. I hope they serve that again.

Apples to oranges as the shrimp salad (and the subject of this post) is on Eagle and your Curry Chicken on Mainline.

abk Nov 18, 2013 7:55 pm

No cookies

salesflyerguy Nov 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 (Post 21809711)
Apples to oranges as the shrimp salad (and the subject of this post) is on Eagle and your Curry Chicken on Mainline.

I get that, but I had another unappetizing meal BOS-DFW once. The crew noticed and was nice enough to notice and offer me crackers or something, I don't recall.

Anyway, the CR7 meal was ok but not something I'd order. The baked crackers (I don't know the name, they come in the bag) and brownie were the best part. I hate sounding like I'm complaining because I was fortunate to get F this flight. Like I said, not what I'd order but I ate some of it.