EXP free drink benefit issues on Republic?

Old Nov 15, 13, 6:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
EXP free drink benefit issues on Republic?

Republic FA yesterday was unaware of the free drink benefit and said (after checking) that her book said just a free snack. She also said she trusted I knew more than she did and comped the drink and said she was do further research afterwards. Anyone else have similar experiences? This was my first ever Republic flight.
Old Nov 15, 13, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I have not experience that on AA, though I would recommend you contact AA to make them aware of the issue.

Fwiw, I have experience similar issues on the Republic-operated (disaster) flights for UAX. Even though the (crappy) Q400s have F seats, the FAs often don't treat it as F and try to get payment for drinks
Old Nov 15, 13, 8:06 pm

Programs: No Status! Churn, Earn, Burn.
Republic WOWed me

My experience was the opposite on E75 Republic flight ORD-YYZ. FA seemed to be fresh from the latest peptalk or seminar, very customer-focused and very determined to provide an F experience in the F cabin. Addressed me by surname in every contact.

Towards the end of the flight he looked me in the eye and said "We appreciate your loyalty Mr. XXX. Thanks for flying American today." It sounds awkward and corny but I swear he pulled it off.

I deplaned feeling that if this is the new Eagle the future looked bright.
Old Nov 15, 13, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by yyzAAguy View Post

Towards the end of the flight he looked me in the eye and said "We appreciate your loyalty Mr. XXX. Thanks for flying American today." It sounds awkward and corny but I swear he pulled it off.
You know, I've had that on occasioanl flights- and thought 'that is corny, but I really DO appreciate and respect the effort'
Old Nov 15, 13, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
I had similar experience with the same outcome in early September on ORD-DCA. Just flew IAH-ORD last week with no issue.
Old Nov 16, 13, 3:40 pm

republic EWR-ORD unaware of free drinks and snack boxes for me as well. Didnt argue when I explained.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: