Emailed Compliant to AA from AA.Com .. Told to Call

Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Emailed Complaint to AA from AA.Com .. Told to Call

Does anyone else think is completely backwards ..... I was just amazed when I got this reply back.

Dear Mr. travelingbob:

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to expedite an answer to your AAdvantage® issue, please feel free to call AAdvantage® Customer Service directly. Simply call 1-800-882-8880 (9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday) if you are calling from the United States or Canada and ask for the "Main Menu" when prompted, then request "AAdvantage Account Service".

Last edited by travelingbob; Nov 4, 2013 at 9:01 am Reason: spelling error
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Sounds like they need to talk to you to resolve the problem, sometimes a chat is quicker than bouncing a few emails around ...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Fair enough, but you have to include your phone number on the complaints form, why not just call you back there and then rather than have the customer call back and speak to somebody who has to read the notes and may or may not understand them.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I remember they did the same to me last year. I didnt think anything of it and just called in. It took minutes to fix the issue, which at this point cant even remember what the heck I was trying to resolve.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
I remember they did the same to me last year. I didnt think anything of it and just called in. It took minutes to fix the issue, which at this point cant even remember what the heck I was trying to resolve.
Ditto, I don't remember my issue either but it was promptly taken care of after I received the email and called.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
got the same call, called, and they redirected back to CS, at that point, didnt feel like going thru with the issue.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by fotographer
got the same call, called, and they redirected back to CS, at that point, didnt feel like going thru with the issue.
Mission accomplished!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: AS 100K
Not backwards at all. The way the message is phrased, it sounds like you'll get instant resolution if you call. If you wait for them to e-mail you back, it will take longer. Makes sense and strikes me as being proactive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.