Upgrade Confusion

Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Upgrade Confusion

Hi,

I am platinum and put in for an upgrade when I purchased my ticket from aa.com for flight 183 on Sept. 11.

It is now 48 hours before the flight and I have not received confirmation. The seat map shows 11 empty seats in F. What should I do to get my upgrade confirmed?

Thanks,
Dave
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
a search on this forum for many, many similar questions/threads on the same subject........

Good luck and,

Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andrzej
a search on this forum for many, many similar questions/threads on the same subject........

Good luck and,

Welcome to FT!
Thanks for the reply. I just found some posts about this. Bad change to the program.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by dchayer
Thanks for the reply. I just found some posts about this. Bad change to the program.
What change?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by vasantn
What change?
I *think* O/P is referencing recent posts noting that many pax feel their ugs are clearing closer and closer to flight time, w/that said - indeed its not a change in policy.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I *think* O/P is referencing recent posts noting that many pax feel their ugs are clearing closer and closer to flight time, w/that said - indeed its not a change in policy.
That is what I am referring to. It is not a change in policy but it is a change in execution and not for the better. The sooner I get a confirm the better. I am impatient.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:01 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
That is what I am referring to. It is not a change in policy but it is a change in execution and not for the better. The sooner I get a confirm the better. I am impatient.
If you are impatient, then suggest that you consider purchasing the cabin you prefer to fly in.

If you want to fly first, purchase first or a Y/KUP fare that seats you in First.

AA183 is a 9:10am depature 757 BOS-SFO. It has been reported that transcons are getting harder to confirm upgrades on at tier-level hours.

For a breakfast on a 757 I would not be getting anxious.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I am impatient.
In addition to JGR01's suggestion regarding purchasing a ticket that will place you automatically in F, might I also add that as an alternative you work toward becoming EXP. I fly this route about once every six weeks - and I have always cleared on the am flight.

Almost all of the Y exit row seats on 183 are still occupied. Keep an eye on those, when they start showing empty again and you'll get an idea of when RM will start opening up X inventory - which will really begin to move at about 24 hours out.

Good luck.

Last edited by bdemaria; Sep 9, 2007 at 12:42 pm
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Are you saying that you were always confirmed at 72 hours previously, and this represents a departure in execution? I know that, as EXP, I have never received 100 hour upgrades all the time. Perhaps the degree is even a little less now, but I really can't say I've noticed any specific "change in execution."

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed - for me, it seems the only things that clear these days at 100 hours is anything ex-STL or ORD-DCA.

Originally Posted by brp
Are you saying that you were always confirmed at 72 hours previously, and this represents a departure in execution? I know that, as EXP, I have never received 100 hour upgrades all the time. Perhaps the degree is even a little less now, but I really can't say I've noticed any specific "change in execution."

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:37 pm

On popular and/or Biz routes my upgrades rarely now clear at 100 hr; however, they do still clear on the smaller, less flown routes at 100 hr. Such is life with YM.

PEACE!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I actually had one clear at 104 hours recently, on a very light flight. Many have been clearing at 100, and two today at 42 and 44.

You never know, but I don't see that anything has changed. And I'm not complainin'.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 4:20 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
lots of my connecting flights thru DFW . the DFW-xxx legs clear at the under 4 hour mark.

HEY guys, could this be the fact that load factors have been very very high all summer (when was the last flight that went out 1/2 full in coach)?

The fall travel slacks off a bit with kids back to school .. just we road warriors continue.

Then again, could we be spoiled from the winter months when travel was much lighter?

And transcons right now with the I fare sale and Virgin competition I bet will continue to remain harder for upgrades.

My crystal ball however has been known to be 15% inaccurate latel so YMMV.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JGR01
If you are impatient, then suggest that you consider purchasing the cabin you prefer to fly in.

If you want to fly first, purchase first or a Y/KUP fare that seats you in First.

AA183 is a 9:10am depature 757 BOS-SFO. It has been reported that transcons are getting harder to confirm upgrades on at tier-level hours.

For a breakfast on a 757 I would not be getting anxious.
Who upgrades for the food as the primary reason?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.