Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

From Zero to Gold on AA... How to do it as cheaply as possible?

From Zero to Gold on AA... How to do it as cheaply as possible?

Old Apr 10, 2002, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by imkeww (edited 04-10-2002).]
Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:00 pm
cnk

I'm mostly a UA flyer, so I wasn't even aware of the AA Platinum Challenge. Good to know about this. I have a few questions though:

Do I need to register somewhere for this? Or do I just fly the miles and wait for status to appear?

I'm currently Platinum, but will probably drop to zero status next year. Can I use this to requalify for Platinum? Seems like they wouldn't want to offer a cheap way to requalify like this.

Thanks,

cnk

Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

I was loyal until I found out about the spectacular challlenge offers.

Call the AA Advantage Desk @ 1-800-882-8880 and press #3 (customer servce)

Ask to sign up for the platinum challenge and they'll either do it for you right there or redirect you to someone who can.

They are very courteous and it's as simple as telling you you have until XX date!

Happy hunting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.