Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA EXP issuing awards for others - questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by ajnaro
In my experience, you can sometimes talk them out of the $25 phone fee, but not often! Of course, it never applies if everyone is flying on the same route as the EXP member.
ditto, i've usually had to pay the ticketing fee, although if I was getting an Anytime award ticket for someone else, the AAgents have usually forgiven the fee.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mmthomas44
If an EXP is ticketed using anothers miles; can the exp change or cancel and miles return to the original account without penalties?

If the exp is one of the travellers on a multiperson award from anothers account can changes be made at no fee for all on the PNR?
1. No. The fee is dependent solely on the status of the member's account where the miles are from. This is clear in the published terms.

2. There is no fee for change of dates/times. This is NOT just an EXP benefit.
Changing origin or destination is chargeable if the miles are not from the EXPs account.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, AA EXP, Subway Sub Club
Originally Posted by mmthomas44
If an EXP is ticketed using anothers miles; can the exp change or cancel and miles return to the original account without penalties?

If the exp is one of the travellers on a multiperson award from anothers account can changes be made at no fee for all on the PNR?
EXP can cancel an award without a fee--just did this today. And even get a refund on the ticketing fee too.

dunno about the second question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.