Wiki Posts
Search

LKUKWEB Promotion Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2002, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

LKUKWEB Promotion Code

Does this code exist ?

Every itinerary (about 10) I have put into aa.com using the LKUKWEB Promotion Code gives a message:

Your promotional code is not valid. This is the lowest fare that applies to your trip

& gives a fare a lot higher than those listed on the offer page.

Is this a fault within aa.com or just a false offer to drag customers in ?

------------------
Nick Thompson
Old Mar 31, 2002, 1:01 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhxnick:
Does this code exist ?

Every itinerary (about 10) I have put into aa.com using the LKUKWEB Promotion Code gives a message:

Your promotional code is not valid. This is the lowest fare that applies to your trip

& gives a fare a lot higher than those listed on the offer page.

Is this a fault within aa.com or just a false offer to drag customers in ?

</font>
LKUKWEB is a fare basis, not a promotion code. That's why it doesn't work.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
LKUKWEB is a fare basis, not a promotion code. That's why it doesn't work.</font>
OK, Thanks.

Now to find a route/date that gives comes close to the prices on the promotion page.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 6:14 pm

Best way to do that, if that fare code is still been able to be booked is to go to the net saavers & special offers. Look at each of the special offers listed found after the net saavers listed.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AmericanFtWorthTX:
Best way to do that, if that fare code is still been able to be booked is to go to the net saavers & special offers. Look at each of the special offers listed found after the net saavers listed.</font>
This offer says:
'Exclusively for residents of the U.K.
Depart from London, Manchester or Birmingham, U.K. for travel to the U.S. Note: Birmingham fares are available for travel on/after 02 April 2002. Depart from London Heathrow to the Caribbean and Latin America. Purchase your ticket by 9 April 2002 for these Great Deals.

Fares below are in British Pounds.'

& quote, for example, JFK @ £224 & LAX @ £274, but in about 30 tries the best I can find are £323 & £411 respectively.

Is it worth calling the UK PLAT desk & asking them to check a fare ?
Old Apr 5, 2002, 1:01 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhxnick:
Is it worth calling the UK PLAT desk & asking them to check a fare ?</font>
No, it's not, because these web-special fares cannot be seen by AA agents in native Sabre. They are web-only, tied to a special identifier (called a Pseudo City Code, or PCC) which permits them to be viewed via the internet only.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Quick tip to speed up your search: go to www.flyaow.com/classavailability.htm

Select the dates of travel and see if L inventory is available on the flights you want.
Old Apr 6, 2002, 3:35 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
No, it's not, because these web-special fares cannot be seen by AA agents in native Sabre. They are web-only, tied to a special identifier (called a Pseudo City Code, or PCC) which permits them to be viewed via the internet only. </font>
Thanks, That's what I thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.