FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Int'l F use of ALL oneworld lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/151475-intl-f-use-all-oneworld-lounges.html)

olafman Apr 2, 2002 10:10 pm

Int'l F use of ALL oneworld lounges?

If I have no status on oneworld, with my Int'l F boarding card can I access all the oneworld lounges?

Or am I limited to the airline that I'm flying?

SoCrazi Apr 2, 2002 10:18 pm

If you are in 1st. You'll get a lounge pass. Most likely to Admirals Lounge.

------------------
AA PLT, HYATT GLD, HILTON GOLD

[This message has been edited by SoCrazi (edited 04-02-2002).]

number_6 Apr 2, 2002 10:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by olafman:
If I have no status on oneworld, with my Int'l F boarding card can I access all the oneworld lounges?

</font>
Officially you are limited to the airline issuing the F (and it's rules, for example on some airlines it is departure lounge only and not arrival lounge). In practice most lounges will allow access as a courtesy. They do this because they get to bill the airline that you are flying for use of the lounge.

Dave Noble Apr 3, 2002 2:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by olafman:

</font>
You would be entitled to access that airline's 1st class lounge if they have one. If they don't they will give you a pass for access to a lounge. At some airports they may only have business lounges and you may get access to that.

You do not have the OW benefit of pick-a-lounge unless you have the appropriate status.

Which airline are you flying from where to where?

Dave

sjharte Apr 3, 2002 6:36 am

Don't CX allow any OW First or Business Passenger use the Wing - even though QF and BA have their own lounges at HKG?

Shareholder Apr 3, 2002 7:27 am

Only Sapphire and Emerald oneworld members not flying CX [but holding same day oneworld carrier boarding pass in any class of service], and those flying on CX in business and first, will have access to the appropriate sections of The Wing. Otherwise, first or business passengers on other oneworld carriers will be given an invitation card to the appropriate affiliated lounge used at HKG. This may or may not be The Wing. If one is flying BA or QF, and not a oneworld upper elite, then you can only use the lounges of the airline you are ticketed on, not the CX facility.

If your travel on AA domestic is not the same day as your connecting overseas flight [to or from the USA], you may not be given access to Admiral Clubs in the US, and possibly in Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Since you don't give us any details of which oneworld carrier you are ticket on [assume AA, but?], and what your exact itinerary is [i.e. cities flying to/from, stopovers, connections, etc.], we cannot be any more precise than this.

sjharte Apr 3, 2002 7:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Only Sapphire and Emerald oneworld members not flying CX [but holding same day oneworld carrier boarding pass in any class of service], and those flying on CX in business and first, will have access to the appropriate sections of The Wing. Otherwise, first or business passengers on other oneworld carriers will be given an invitation card to the appropriate affiliated lounge used at HKG. This may or may not be The Wing. If one is flying BA or QF, and not a oneworld upper elite, then you can only use the lounges of the airline you are ticketed on, not the CX facility.

</font>
The CX time table says that ANY OW premium passenger can use the Wing.

Anyone have any direct experience of which is true?

Stephen

BostonFlyer Apr 3, 2002 11:29 am

It's true--I used the F section of the Wing at Hong Kong last July with no status on any airline, flying in reward F travel on BA. The staff treated it as quite regular.

My understanding (from the one-world site) was that airlines were obliged, subject to capacity, to let premium class passengers flying on a ow airline into their lounges, regardless of the availability of other lounges.

Efrem Apr 4, 2002 11:51 am

Lounge access based on oneWorld status is a OW benefit that applies to all member airlines.

Lounge access based on class of service is something each airline offers its own passengers.

There are some affiliations where passengers on one airline can use another's lounge, but those are special arrangements - not OW benefits.

Nanook Apr 4, 2002 4:55 pm

We'll be in International F later this month at LHR in transit from an AA flight to BA to Vienna in business class. Is there a lounge we can use near our BA flight?