Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I got my 2002 AAdvantage Platinum Kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2002, 3:22 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by proudcoelite:
B747 - Did I ask you ? - oh, your the " airline consultant " but none of the executives no you by name. </font>
A question: Has anyone here ever seen anyone over the age of, say 13 or 14, mistake the word "no" for the word "know"?

Kid, stop rummaging through your father's Elite kit and go do your homework,or-- it's a nice day-- maybe play outside? (preferably in the traffic.)

Old Mar 30, 2002, 3:27 pm
Suspended

And if you are over 14 years old, your pedants are wasting a lot of cash on your edumacation.

Can you supersize that for me?
Old Mar 30, 2002, 4:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by proudcoelite:
B747 - Did I ask you ? - oh, your the " airline consultant " but none of the executives no you by name.
</font>
Sorry I turned down your offer to consult for Infinite Airways. I still have your correspondence on that issue though, if you would like me to post it here.

Also, lets not go into some of the stuff you tried to pull in chat ref. US Airways stock manipulation. The SEC would love to talk to you about that.

This forum is not an appropriate place to discuss my professional activities, and especially not by you.

[This message has been edited by B747-437B (edited 03-30-2002).]
Old Mar 30, 2002, 7:34 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
If I may interrupt this conversation. I used to fly AA alot but no more, so I would like to know what Plats now get as upgrade certs, and what the rules are? Anyone care to spell it out for me. Do any upgrades work on other OneWorld carriers or strictly AA metal?
Old Mar 30, 2002, 8:40 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
If I may interrupt this conversation. I used to fly AA alot but no more, so I would like to know what Plats now get as upgrade certs, and what the rules are? Anyone care to spell it out for me. Do any upgrades work on other OneWorld carriers or strictly AA metal?</font>
Once you reach platinum status, you get 4 x 500 mile upgrades for each 10,000 flight miles. These are actual flight miles (and do not include any of the bonuses attached to the status). This is the same for Gold and Executive Platinum.

You may request your upgrade at the time of purchase. Platinums are then upgrades (space available, of course) at 72 hours prior to flight time. Gold at 24 hours. Executive Platinum at 100 hours.

I just saw your other post, are you thinking of defecting from AC? If so, it goes:

Gold -&gt; Platinum -&gt; Executive Platinum

in terms of flight miles

25,000 -&gt; 50,000 -&gt; 100,000

Old Mar 30, 2002, 9:54 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DrHowser:

I just saw your other post, are you thinking of defecting from AC? If so, it goes:

Gold -&gt; Platinum -&gt; Executive Platinum

in terms of flight miles

25,000 -&gt; 50,000 -&gt; 100,000

</font>
And in terms of flight segments...

30&gt;60&gt;You're S.O.L.

Old Mar 30, 2002, 9:58 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Yes, I have been thinking of defecting from AC. Makes no sense to go with *A, so I wondered about AA and 1W. I am an AC SE which I think = AA EXPA, ie 100k status miles/yr.

At AC, I get upgrades now at 7 days but they play with the C loads and it is a lottery but beats 100 hrs.

Of all the US carriers, AA has best service out of Canada. But I need to know if 1W offers upgrades to AA ExPa?

Also, any advice if AA would give me same status I have now. UA is apparently a now, but I would think 1W would be more open.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:13 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
As far as I understand AA in Canada, for Canadians will offer Gold and Platinum levels at the same thresholds AC offers them. This way you'd get Platinum at 35.000 flown miles and Gold at (I don't recall the exact number)...
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:15 pm

Do you mean they would NOT give an SE with 100k/yr the equilivant, which is EXP???
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DrHowser:
Once you reach platinum status, you get 4 x 500 mile upgrades for each 10,000 flight miles.</font>
I believe you meant to say "Once you reach Gold status, you get 4 x 500 mile upgrades for each 10,000 flights miles." When you start with no status, every mile past 25,000 (or 30 segments) goes towards earned upgrades.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 12:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
Do you mean they would NOT give an SE with 100k/yr the equilivant, which is EXP???</font>
AA will almost NEVER comp EXP. But PLT will more than tide you over while qualifying.

[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 03-31-2002).]
Old Apr 2, 2002, 10:54 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
Sorry I turned down your offer to consult for Infinite Airways. I still have your correspondence on that issue though, if you would like me to post it here.

Also, lets not go into some of the stuff you tried to pull in chat ref. US Airways stock manipulation. The SEC would love to talk to you about that.

This forum is not an appropriate place to discuss my professional activities, and especially not by you.

[This message has been edited by B747-437B (edited 03-30-2002).]
</font>
What are you talking about..... First of all I for one, am not a child. Nor do I want to attack people and clutter flyertalk with more bull****. This place should be called flyertrash soon. If you would like for me to prove that I am not a minor, I am willing to buy you lunch. email me or post a friendly reply.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 10:14 pm

no eres el mismo cara de v.... que estabas defendiendo a EXP@15.
You're something else, proudcoelite, fly co(how come I haven't this handle for a while), EXP@15.
Sure, lunch ! This reminds me of another of your posts where you tell FT's to meet you at the MIA Admirals Club and call for ROBERT.. jajaja...

How come nothing is being done to resolve this issue regarding JAG posting with different handles ????

[This message has been edited by eperaltaotero (edited 04-02-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.