Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotional Discount Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2002, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Promotional Discount Code

I would highly appreciate it if someone could please post a recent promotional discount code for booking tickets on-line. Also, does the search function typically work on the Flyertalk AA forum, as several attempts have not worked for me.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Try CBAA for the on-line code. It works for me.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks MoreMilesPlease.

[This message has been edited by J0HN (edited 03-28-2002).]
Old Mar 28, 2002, 11:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMilesPlease:
Try CBAA for the on-line code. It works for me.</font>
Isn't it CBAAE?
Old Mar 28, 2002, 11:23 am

where do u enter the code???thanks pat
Old Mar 28, 2002, 11:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pppfun:
where do u enter the code???thanks pat</font>
You need to log in first, then click on "My Home Page", or "Reservations". Scroll down the page, and you'll see "If you have a fare promotional code please enter it here:".
Old Mar 28, 2002, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
Isn't it CBAAE?</font>
I think either may work. I have used CBAA and it worked.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
What fares are valid for using the promo code. I just tried and got a message saying that promo was not available for that fare.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 6:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vandesa:
What fares are valid for using the promo code. I just tried and got a message saying that promo was not available for that fare.</font>
For web fares, it seems that CBAA does not work.

Old Mar 28, 2002, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
For web fares, it seems that CBAA does not work.
</font>

francophile it worked on a web fare for me. Also I was able to call and receive credits on several tix (some web specials) I purchased on Tuesday.

vandesa I don't know why you were having problems as it seems to work on all fares and an AA agent said it is valid on all online fares.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Mar 29, 2002, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ChanelCinq,

Who did you call to get credits? I've had a very difficult time to no avail--AA says call Citi, Citi says to call AA, and usually the excuse is that they've never heard of the code. (Even though I have received the code from e-mail and snail mail.)
Old Mar 29, 2002, 7:35 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Odd, I had it work for a web fare that I did not even choose to purchase with (sssh!) a citi/AA card .

YMMV, and apparently does with these codes.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Mar 29, 2002, 7:47 am

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
ChaseTheMiles well I now think that I somehow got an agent that just didn't know the rules and processed a bunch of refunds. I originally called only to inquire and she said no problem I can issue the refund vouchers right now.

I didn’t know how long the promo had been in effect so I decided to call back about two sets of tickets I purchased on Sat. Two separate agents acted like I was insane and said it is not possible.

I thought it had to be to good to be true.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Mar 29, 2002, 9:00 am

I don't remember all of the rules, but it is definately not all fares. I remember that it is at least most domestic fares and perhaps some European, Carribean and South American routes.

If I am sure that it does not include transpacific flights.

Anyone have a printed copy of the rules that they can share with us?
Old Mar 29, 2002, 9:21 am

I don't have much detail available, only what is printed on my Citi AAdvantage card statement:

"Save money! Use your City(R) AAdvantage(R) card to buy an American Airlines ticket and receive 5% discount, visit aa.com and enter promotion code CBAA when making your reservation. Offer expires March 31, 2002."

Since most of my tickets are booked through my travel department I've only used it once for personal travel. Worked without problems though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.