Corporate Discount Code

Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Corporate Discount Code

My company has a corp. discount with American and I have the AA corp discount code given to our company. I would guess that someone out here has a corp. agreement with AA and am wondering how you book your tickets on AA.com and get your discount.

My question is; can I book travel online and input this corp. discount code anywhere to receive my corp. discount? Can I only do this via telephone or at the gate?

Since I just started flying AA, I never had to worry about this in the past.

thanks for your help..
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
it seems to me that on the purchase screen , there is a place for a code. have used cbaa there. perhaps your corporate # would work. have you tried? good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Yes I tried that and the code that I have has too many characters (7) and wouldn't fit in the box.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by clacko:
it seems to me that on the purchase screen , there is a place for a code. have used cbaa there. perhaps your corporate # would work. have you tried? good luck.</font>
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:42 pm

If this is possible, it would be great! What do you all think of using your corporate discounts on personal travel? I know some companies allow their employees to book personal travel through their own agents, getting their discounts. My company is strictly only business. I don't know if that is part of the deal they have with the airlines.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:51 pm

My company does not permit us to book personal travel with the corporate discount. But if you need to do this, you need to call Meeting Services at AA and they are the only once that can put your STAR (corporate discount) code in. EXP and PLT desks cannot do this, but they will happily transfer you to Meeting Services and make sure you are the first in queue.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

We are allowed to use AA for personal travel as we are UA, NW, and CO. I know how to work the other sites but not AA. Maybe I need to call this meeting number. Does anyone have it, I mean is it a number that is freely given out? Just so you all know I'm trying to do this through my comp. travel sites too although we don't have live people to call anymore..

[This message has been edited by TrojanHorse (edited 03-26-2002).]
Old Mar 26, 2002, 3:18 pm
Original Member

Based on the tour of the new AA site, you will be able to enter the corp discount code. Currently, you cannot enter the STAR code online.

--Jim
Old Mar 26, 2002, 4:32 pm

I have not done this yet, but this is how AA said I could use AA.com to book my corporate travel on the web:

1) Call meeting services desk at 800-433-1790 to find out the star-file code for your corporate discount.

2) Create/reserve your itinerary on the web.

3) BEFORE puchasing the ticket, call web technical support at 800-222-2377 and give them the star-file code for your discount. You must state, "I do not want to book this ticket through my corporate travel agent. I want to buy it directly from AA." Some corporate agreements apparently require agency booking unless the client specifically refuses.

Please let us know if this works!
Old Mar 26, 2002, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok, i'll try this and post my results
or any problems that I have

much appreciated to Jmorris and everyone else who is helping out on this question

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmorris:
I have not done this yet, but this is how AA said I could use AA.com to book my corporate travel on the web:

1) Call meeting services desk at 800-433-1790 to find out the star-file code for your corporate discount.

2) Create/reserve your itinerary on the web.

3) BEFORE puchasing the ticket, call web technical support at 800-222-2377 and give them the star-file code for your discount. You must state, "I do not want to book this ticket through my corporate travel agent. I want to buy it directly from AA." Some corporate agreements apparently require agency booking unless the client specifically refuses.

Please let us know if this works!
</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.