FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Employee posts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/151269-aa-employee-posts.html)

Matthew Vandamm Mar 21, 2002 2:40 am

AA Employee posts

I am sure there has been dozens if not hundreds of posts about this subject on here over the years, but I have not been here over the years, so forgive my ignorance.

I am wondering what is the general consensus towards AA employees posting on these boards?

I have seen and heard of cases, not just on the AA forum, of staff members being ordered not to post on FT. I have also heard of very successful schemes, such as Starwood, where there is actually a rep to help address concerns. This I think is a superb idea, as to get as many frequent flyers/stayers/drivers in one place for free, is a great asset. To pay an Anderson Consulting, or whatever they are called this month to generate the kind of feedback that si found for free in this forum would cost millions.

What do you people think about postings from Employees? Do you think that an official presence would be a step forward or just another marketing scheme that would post links to their website?

As some of you may now, I work for AA in LHR. I do not post on these boards to solicit SOS vouchers. I have been sent the thread regarding the treatment of RDURES1, and I think the treatment she received was disgusting in the extreme. I post on these boards, because I wish to. As you can see I use my real name as a user name, and have always done so. If AA were to ask me to stop posting I would do so, but BI6 MATT or similar would appear in a matter of minutes. I post on my own time, and do not post any material that would harm AA/AMR or give a competitor an unfare advantage. To do so would be foolhardy in my opinion.

I would appreciate your comments and thoughts on this matter, as I feel very strongly about this board, and believe that it is an important resource for all travellers. As you can see, I do have an email address, so if any AA employees lurk or post on here and want to address me in confidence they are more than welcome to do so.

Thanks for your time.

dddc Mar 21, 2002 3:34 am

Matt,

Comments from staff are always welcome, particlarly as they can often set straight a thread that's gone wobbly. Some will say that they know more than alot more than staff, but you have the rules at your disposal (I hope!). And I know that things don't go by the rules always.

If AA have a policy about staff making public statements, then you'd have to abide by it or change jobs. Alternatively make comments, but annonymously. You don't want to be in a situation where someone produces a copy of your post saying you said it was ok to do something and it turns out not, or just that it causes a problem.

Keep up the good work!

PaulSEA1 Mar 21, 2002 3:42 am

We do have an official AA representative here. The handle is AAdvantage or the like. He/she makes very helpful posts on technical subjects when they arise. The last post I remember was about how many VIPOWs would be issued to new EXPs.

Plato90s Mar 21, 2002 7:25 am

The ones we have which show up on an "official, sanctioned" basis are.

YourAAdvantageVoice (CSR)

AAWebMaster

There are other AA employees who post/browse on their own time and initiative.

0524 Mar 21, 2002 7:45 am

I consider AA employees valuable members of this community.

mat935 Mar 21, 2002 8:07 am

I greatly appreciate ALL knowledgeable insights on this board. I hope you and others continue to share.

------------------
AA 2MM, MR Silver

Western Airlines Mar 21, 2002 8:24 am

Please stay, Matthew, I welcome your input!

drtravels Mar 21, 2002 8:31 am

I appreciate YOUR perspective from the way you see things. I sometimes think that they (you) should do things a certain way and don't really understand it from your perspective.

You help me understand when I'm willing to listen.

Thanks! Please stay around.

Dr-Fly4Free Mar 21, 2002 8:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 0524:
I consider AA employees valuable members of this community.</font>
MET TO. THANK YOU ALL.

------------------
600,000 Miles, AAdvantage Platinum - Priority Club. Free Flyer for 8 Straight years.

oldpenny16 Mar 21, 2002 9:29 am

I love your posts!

I'm spending 3 whole days at DFW airport. Can you believe? Yes, I have a meeting at the airport hotel.

In the old days, I would walk and shop the airport shops during meeting breaks, but that is forbidden now.

Matt, keep up the good work!

fly co to see the yanks Mar 21, 2002 9:32 am

I definitely vAAlue comments mAAde by AAmericAAn AAirlines employees. they cAAry more weight, thAAt's for sure.

you go, AAmericAAn AAirlines employees.

pointsgirl Mar 21, 2002 1:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mat935:

I greatly appreciate ALL knowledgeable insights on this board. I hope you and others continue to share.

</font>
Me too.

BRITFLYER Mar 21, 2002 3:29 pm

My first post, but this is worth a reply.
Please keep on posting, its great to get word from the horses mouth.

------------------

Matthew Vandamm Mar 21, 2002 4:14 pm

Your first post and you are calling me a horse! Seriously, welcome to FT, hope you find it as worthwhile as I do.

Sorry you can't shop anymore Penny, have to make it up at Grapevine Mills, a place which gives my bank manager the shivers!

avek00 Mar 21, 2002 4:46 pm

Barring any directives on the issue from management, IMHO, the best rule-of-thumb is unionized employees may post openly, while non-unionzed emps. should go "anonymous".