Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Employee posts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2002, 5:00 pm

Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to ensure American stays the best airline, in my opinion. Because of dedicated employees such as yourself, the customer service at AA far surpasses other airlines. Keep up the good work any you should be commended for your initiative.

Old Mar 21, 2002, 6:47 pm

I think it is great to have AA employee participation, both for their professional opinion as well as their personal interest.

With that said, I think it behooves everyone to remember that:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Obviously, we (both AA employees and FTers) could continue to expand this list. Hopefully, everyone will remember to treat each other with respect, regardless of our outside occupations.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 7:15 pm

As you can see, I do have an email address, so if any AA employees lurk or post on here and want to address me in confidence they are more than welcome to do so.

Thanks for your time.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Matthew...nice to *meet* you. I stop by occasionally (not so much lately) to learn and to sometimes post. I am a 34 years + res agent with AA. Many years ago I use to post quite frequently on another online service which no longer exists under my actual name. Never had any problems but that was before the the internet was in full swing. Its a much different world now

Old Mar 21, 2002, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Matthew and AnotherAAgent (and all other AA posters, including AA_IFP):

Personally, I think the people at AA make a huge difference to the airline, and the fact that many of you would take your own time to increase communications with your customers is a testament to that.

One way of looking at this is that every time one of your customers learns something here that removes his/her need for calling in, AA saves around $3-5 (that's an overall average for the fully loaded cost for a customer service call). And one answer posted here is read by thousands, most of whom are seen as "opinion leaders" or experts by their community and whom therefore spread the word further (probably one reason why Starwood dedicated an employee to their forum here).

Thanks for being here and making AA special!

[Edited to add the bit on opinion leaders]

[This message has been edited by hillrider (edited 03-21-2002).]
Old Mar 21, 2002, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EP
We love AA employees!!!

Welcome to all!!!
Old Mar 21, 2002, 9:28 pm

Hi I pop in and out, but I mostly read. I am one of the F/A's who try and answer the question on are service or lack of service or on what to do with the SOS cards or when are contract is up and we are in negotiations and that is coming around again in two years
folks.. Stuff like that, but I would love to be able to ask a agent all about there job to better understand. There are times that F/A's
and agents just don't understand what each other are doing. It would be great if we had a board for just these two groups to get
together and ask questions..
Welcome aboard Matt
Old Mar 22, 2002, 4:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FAAA:
I would love to be able to ask a agent all about there job to better understand. There are times that F/A's and agents just don't understand what each other are doing. It would be great if we had a board for just these two groups to get
together and ask questions..
Welcome aboard Matt
</font>
FAAA- you could do *walk a mile*. This is observing another co-worker while they are on the job. I'm not sure if its done anymore but I did one with a ticket agent at DFW several years ago. Wow...what an eye opener In res we do *double jacking* where you can sit with the agent and listen to some calls. I think you've find this very interesting

Also thanks to all of you for the nice words. We appreciate it.

Old Mar 23, 2002, 5:38 pm

Thanks to all who post here! The information that I've garnered here has been close to invaluable!

techlady

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.