Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEagle: SJC to/from PHX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2002, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

AmEagle: SJC to/from PHX

It was nice to see service resumed between SJC and PHX after a 6 month void. The regional jets are, however, a bit cramped with no FC or room for rollerboards. I would think that, with the main competition being America Worst, traffic would soon warrant some real metal (e.g. MD80). Not having flown Eagle RJs much, why no beer or wine on a 90 minute flight?
Old Mar 15, 2002, 11:34 pm

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum
The scheduling of the 3:15 flight is kinda annoying..I almost got stuck yesterday trying to check my bag for the 3:15 to chicago..you'd think they could space them out a bit better (considering there's also the 3:06 to dallas)..

Old Mar 16, 2002, 1:12 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Well there is always a 'real plane' on America West - which has the best on time record two months in a row now
Old Mar 16, 2002, 1:40 am
Original Poster

The major reason why I am glad to see any kind of AA metal between SJC and PHX is the number of times I have been stiffed by HP. I know that their loyal like them, but I have had nothing but grief with them...
Old Mar 16, 2002, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Anyone think the return of routes like SJC-SEA on the regional jet would be feasible for the AA operation there?

Aaron G.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 8:34 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
SJC-SEA on AA metal would be great, but no on an RJ. i would much rather fly AS, getting elite credit with AAdvantage, and upgrade to F. it just wouldn't be a competitive product.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 9:27 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Well there is always a 'real plane' on America West - which has the best on time record two months in a row now </font>
You just had to get that in there, didn't you?

Besides, how hard is it to be on time when you don't have to worry about having any revenue-generators like passengers, or cargo to foul up the process?
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:39 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Well there is always a 'real plane' on America West - which has the best on time record two months in a row now </font>
Jan_AZ....why dont you guys keep the HP (America West) Lovefest going in the America West thread

Also, it should be easy for HP to have "real planes" in the air since HP has been given 400 million of our tax dollars to keep the "real planes" in the air.

American Airlines has not applied for loan guarantees and should be commended for not using government handouts like America West.
The ERJ's are a lot more economical to fly than HP's 737's and Airbus and to be honest with you will still be in the air, long after HP has gone bankrupt, taking our tax dollars with them
Old Mar 17, 2002, 11:59 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I would rather fly HP than AA. At least HP didn't toss a Secret Service agent off their plane, or put Legend Airlines out of business and then hypocritically leave Love Field.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA - Hilton
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ender83:
SJC-SEA on AA metal would be great, but no on an RJ. i would much rather fly AS, getting elite credit with AAdvantage, and upgrade to F. it just wouldn't be a competitive product.</font>
Can you clarify the upgrade to first? Do they accept AA upgrades. I am forced to fly SEA-SMF on AS, since AA let the SJC route go. I occasionally get the exit row, but have parked in 31D on an MD-80. The best has been 6F, last night, on a 737-900. Was operationally upgraded with them, once, last year.

Thanks,

Old Mar 18, 2002, 3:59 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Not having flown Eagle RJs much, why no beer or wine on a 90 minute flight? </font>
There is no more alcohol served on ANY Eagle flight since 9/11. Prior to 9/11, Eagle offered free wine and beer inflight. It was all a cost cutting measure.

I agree -- I would love to see beer re-served on those flights.

--Jim
Old Mar 18, 2002, 4:30 pm

Programs: 11 Longhaired Friends of Jesus; Chartreuse Microbus; just demoted to AA nonentity
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JIMBOLIGUY:
I agree -- I would love to see beer re-served on those flights.</font>
Man, I would even settle for Bloody Mary mix.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Trvlr:
Anyone think the return of routes like SJC-SEA on the regional jet would be feasible for the AA operation there?

Aaron G.
</font>
I've been hoping for PDX-SJC. They've basically given up the northwest to Alaska, which is fine on the non-stop flights since you get credit in either program.

But when you desire to connect through San Jose on an AA flight from Alaska this is a problem. First, they require additional connection time do to the change of airlines and the secondly, they gouge you on the airfares.

I believe some time ago the plan was to code-share these flights, but the American pilots said no way in their typical selfish pattern. "If we can't fly it, you can't sell the route under someone else."

I am hoping, but I doubt it will happen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.