Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SnAAck Attack is gone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 3:10 pm

The Business Travel Exhibition is on next week. AA are there, and I will ask the question once and for all.

For myslef, I don't eat that sort of stuff so if they took it off I wouldn't care less. BA's "Raid the Larder" is the idea that AA copied but BA still have it.

I will let you know what I find out.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 3:59 pm

Hey all, just came back from my first mileage run for the year, AA/BA, loved it!
I will have a trip report on AA and Trip Report sections later, but please let me overcome the jetlag first, I am so wiped out . A different city everyday.

As for snack attack, I have heard that it has gone by the wayside. That is BS that
it wasn't popular, come on! Also, I can believe it with the crews, ah, "appropriating" , the goodies for their hotel rooms. I know some F/A's, yes, that does happen. As long as there is enough of the "good stuff" for us first, that is all I care about.

I was just on the LHR-JFK in coach, great service, nice, young crew, and they still had a scaled down version of the coach snack attack: toblerones(yummmmmmmm), M & M's, cheese, and drinks. One reason why I love AA, is for things like that. Every airline should have a form of snack attack, no exceptions. Air France has a nice one, but only on the longer long hauls. Yes, they are only on the Westbound flights, though I would like to see them on the Eastbound as well. Remember, you can always BYO, something I have started since the airlines
have scaled down service.

Hope that helps. Give it time, I think everything will come around.

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Old Jan 30, 2002, 4:59 pm

The cost savings from this has to be very small. This is just one more reason why people will choose CX or BA over AA.

And please don't jump over the fact that you can't earn AA miles flying across the pond on BA---people why pay full fare in business do not always care about miles.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
I just wanted to follow up on this thread (although it might be old news to some).

I flew JFK-LHR r/t this weekend and there was no snack attack service in J. In fact, it wasn't even printed on the menu. I guess it is truly gone.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 10:23 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
just flown DFW-NRT-DFW at the end of Feb/early MArch and Snack Attach on both way.
I think the volume maybe small since when I go to the cart the FA said they are all GONE (do you believe this? not even a single cookie or jelly bean?!?!)
The return flight, however, I am gald to have "all you can eat chocolate" since everyone are sleeping
Old Mar 12, 2002, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tango:
And please don't jump over the fact that you can't earn AA miles flying across the pond on BA---people why pay full fare in business do not always care about miles.</font>
Bingo. BA never took the "Raid the Larder" away, with great finger sandwiches but awful British candy.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 12:50 am

"For myslef, I don't eat that sort of stuff so if they took it off I wouldn't care less. BA's "Raid the Larder" is the idea that AA copied but BA still have it. "

&gt;&gt;&gt;Ah, if I may ask, and the last post helped a bit, (and I love British candy! yummmmmm), what kind of goodies does BA have at Raid the Larder? I know it is in First and Business long haul, but really have no idea what is on there.

As to the post that it is all gone(consumed) on the NRT flight!?, contact AA. The crew took it, and you know it... I don't mind the crew taking some things, but after the pax are done. That is so tacky. Do they think we are really that stupid?

AFAIK, AA still gives out candy in the back, Westbound only, so you First and Bus people, leave our coach candy alone! LOL

Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Since Snack Attack is gone, can J passengers ask the FA for something go eat? What would be offered?
Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:58 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Worldtraveler36:
&gt;&gt;&gt;Ah, if I may ask, and the last post helped a bit, (and I love British candy! yummmmmm), what kind of goodies does BA have at Raid the Larder? I know it is in First and Business long haul, but really have no idea what is on there. </font>
Depends on the flight, but snacks have included sandwiches, cheese and fruit, cakes, and salads. Thats was if J. I think there is the same thing in there Y class as well as onetime I went to the galley and started to look at the items and the steward said that J class is at the other end of the cabin.

These snacks are warrented as often my stomach is in a different time zone to the flight! Flying UK to Australia where it can be 10hrs between major meal services people would eat the carpets if this didn't exist and I know on some airlines this would probably taste better too! (just for the hard of reading, I'm not referring to AA!)
Old Mar 13, 2002, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
Since Snack Attack is gone, can J passengers ask the FA for something go eat? What would be offered?</font>
I just flew CDG-DFW in J, and confirmed the demise of "Snack Attack". However, the very friendly and helpful FA offered me pretty much anything they had on hand - cheese, fruit, crackers, ice cream, etc. I do miss the Toblerone, though!
Old Mar 13, 2002, 12:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dddc:
Depends on the flight, but snacks have included sandwiches, cheese and fruit, cakes, and salads. Thats was if J. I think there is the same thing in there Y class as well as onetime I went to the galley and started to look at the items and the steward said that J class is at the other end of the cabin.

These snacks are warrented as often my stomach is in a different time zone to the flight! Flying UK to Australia where it can be 10hrs between major meal services people would eat the carpets &gt;&gt;&gt;
if this didn't exist and I know on some airlines this would probably taste better too! (just for the hard of reading, I'm not referring to AA!)
</font>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Cheers.

US airlines seem to be weaker on this concept. I have wanted to do BA long haul, up front, but I am in love with Qantas First, so there I go. Qantas, atleast for First, has a full menu of things you can order. I ordered a steak sandwhich, ok, liked it so much took 2, . I liked it better than the regular meals and yes, with the jetlag and the long flights, you need it, as sometimes you want to sleep during the meal. I would love to know what other airlines provide service like this. LH put out some nice chocolates, but nothing substantial in First.

Thank you!

Old Mar 13, 2002, 12:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
Since Snack Attack is gone, can J passengers ask the FA for something go eat? What would be offered?</font>

Bonjour monsieur . You know, I could say something really sarcastic here but I will be nice and hold back. he he he
Old Mar 13, 2002, 1:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Back in 1998 when I flew Y on BA from SFO to LHR, between the meals, they put out a nice small buffet of ice cream cups, chocolates, and nuts (No, they weren't warm or hot. And enough with the double entendres! )
Old Mar 13, 2002, 2:34 pm

Back in 1998 when I flew Y on BA from SFO to LHR, between the meals, they put out a nice small buffet of ice cream cups, chocolates, and nuts (No, they weren't warm or hot. And enough with the double entendres! )</font>
Oh dude, the temptations . I think 777Brit helped us out with the last one , if I remember correctly.

Old Mar 13, 2002, 7:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
I am a big AA supporter, but that is pretty stingy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.