Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not using one leg of miles trip - can use later?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Not using one leg of miles trip - can use later?

If you book a ticket on miles and then get off on the layover and don't do the other portion, can you use it later?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Do you really need to start a new thread to ask every extremely basic question about this program, especially when it's virtually the same question that you've already started a thread to ask?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-second.html

If you don't want to spend the minimal effort to find existing answers to these really basic questions (like simple search or looking in the FAQ), might I at least suggest the Newbie thread for things as basic as this?

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Do you really need to start a new thread to ask every extremely basic question about this program, especially when it's virtually the same question that you've already started a thread to ask?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-second.html

If you don't want to spend the minimal effort to find existing answers to these really basic questions (like simple search or looking in the FAQ), might I at least suggest the Newbie thread for things as basic as this?

Cheers.
I thought the other thread was about not using part of his paid ticket, and using a mileage ticket to connect to the other part of the paid ticket.
For the current thread, the OP isn't specific enough.
If he is referring to a one way international award ticket, he could change the leg from the international gateway to another date.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by flyingdervish
If you book a ticket on miles and then get off on the layover and don't do the other portion, can you use it later?
The only way you can do that is if you are on an international ticket, and the place you want to 'get off' is the first stop in North America (i.e. the North American gateway). In that case, you are allowed a stopover. For example, LHR-JFK-ORD could be split up into LHR-NYC (stopover) NYC-ORD.

But you can't just get off the plane and miss your next flight. You would want to arrange this ahead of time - call in to do a date change, adding a stopover. It should be a free change if you are outside the 21-day window.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"It should be a free change if you are outside the 21-day window."

Changing the date of only the post-stopover leg will always be a free change.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes, this is a different question, as mvoight said. The other one was a paid round trip. This one is an open-jaw miles trip. I looked all over the website but didn't see anything that addressed this situation.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingdervish
Yes, this is a different question, as mvoight said. The other one was a paid round trip. This one is an open-jaw miles trip. I looked all over the website but didn't see anything that addressed this situation.
You would be getting far better feed back if you are to be SPECIFIC on your exact trip whether it is a planned one or already a booked one, on how exactly you want to do with it.

There are so many possible scenario to what you ask, there are some scenario are possible some are not. Nobody would be able to guess exactly what you are up to. Why the vagueness?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.