Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citibank to Discontinue AAdvantage Visa Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2002, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Redhead:
It is 100,000, not 200,000. The woman you spoke to was wrong.

If your parents charge up a storm, they should get two Citi AA cards and switch 1/2 thru the year but earn all the miles into the same AAdv. account. If they charge close to 200,000 a year they'll have lifetime Gold rather quickly (assuming they also fly and earn miles other ways and that they already have miles in their account) so then they won't ever have to worry about the mileage cap again.
</font>
I figured that 200k was off, thanks for the correction.

Is it possible to get all of the miles to go into the same account?

My mother is the primary cardholder on one account and the miles go into her account, and my father is on the other and the miles go into his account. I don't think Citibank would let the primary cardholder designate someone else's FF account.

Funneling all of the miles into one account would certainly speed up the process of getting to lifetime gold. Splitting between the accounts would take a minimum of 10 years (if starting from zero), doing that in one account cuts the time in half...

Thanks,

d

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.