Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Full Time Precheck Coming to ORD T3 Center Security Line (Priority Access Only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Time Precheck Coming to ORD T3 Center Security Line (Priority Access Only)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I can't believe it when I see people doing this. I think anyone who goes through Pre-Check and behaves like this should have their pre-check status revoked for life.
Or they are people who know what sets off the alarm and therefore take off the offending pieces of clothing/footwear to stop slowing down people further. One of my pairs of shoes sets off the metal detectors. The extra 5 seconds to take them off stops me from holding up the line and going through the detector again.

Guess I need my precheck revoked
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by aafreq
Pre pass = pre check....you seem to have deduced that on your own.
NO, I repeat NO pre check logo appeared on ANY pre printed at home BP nor printed at the AA counter.....therefore....if what you claim is correct....that the logo "does in fact appear on BP now" did not appear on both of our passes...we are both plat....it is LUDICROUS to be shunted off to a 'kettle' line due to AA
Lack of proper Ticketing procedures...
ORD is a ZOO to begin without the added confusion of whether one is pre check
Approved, random or not........FYI, there are TWO side by side entrances to pre check lanes, if you enter the F lane you have no access to the pre check lane once you are checked by the agent....I have been 'randomly' selected 4 times out of 5 trips thru the Zoo...Do you think it may be my goatee ?
I did not mean to say that the PreCheck logo appeared on YOUR boarding pass when you clearly stated otherwise. I mean to say that the PreCheck logo appears on boarding passes now in general, when you have been approved for PreCheck on that flight. To make sure, you can scan your boarding pass as well.

So what I'm saying is that the lack of the logo should've tipped you off to the fact that you likely weren't going to get LLL, and you could've scanned your BP to make sure. You were not in a "kettle" line. You were in the F/EXP/PLT line, which is distinct even from the PriorityAccess line. AA doesn't have a higher priority line. Since your PreCheck is from a federal trusted traveler program, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your airline status. PreCheck is a TSA program. The agent is there to filter out PreCheck from non PreCheck. Since you weren't cleared for PreCheck, you shouldn't have been in the PreCheck lane, simple as that. This has nothing to do with ticketing procedures, and I still don't understand why you are calling this ludicrous. An EXP sitting in coach while there are empty seats up front? Maybe ludicrous. This? Get over it.

Edit: Missed brp's post, but +1.

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I can't believe it when I see people doing this. I think anyone who goes through Pre-Check and behaves like this should have their pre-check status revoked for life.
I think there may be some sarcasm in your post, but my humor detector is a bit shot from the post above. When I encounter these people, a quick word to them not to pull out their stuff and take off their clothes usually suffices; something like "you do know it's not necessary to do all that, right?" leaving someone like Antarius able to justify his or her actions if need be.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Monday morning, there were issues with the X Ray at the PreCheck line next to the flagship checkins. They opened up Checkpoint 8, and directed all of us there. But by the time I got thru and was going towards the L gates, the Original Pre Check line was back open. So both lanes were operating as PreCheck
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
The AAgent may be misinformed, but the PreCheck logo does in fact appear on boarding passes now, whether printed at home, mobile, or printed at the kiosk (not sure about the ones printed on the card stock by an airport agent).
I can verify this also. I've printed boarding passes very recently from the kiosk and they do bear the Pre-check logo when I get LLL. The ones printed on card stock by the ticket counter agent or GA do not get the logo, at least not as of two days ago.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1.6 MM
Originally Posted by brp
I can certainly understand your frustration. Misunderstanding how a program works- especially one that you've paid money for - can be annoying.

Cheers.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.