Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any other lifetime Admirals Club members out there -

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2002, 6:00 am
askworldtraveler

Any other lifetime Admirals Club members out there -

I purchased a lifetime A/C (with spouse card) 20++ years ago. (I made the cost back in cheese cubes a long time ago) They stopped selling these a few years back (maybe even before they stopped lifetime airpass sales) I was wondering are there any others on this board who are lifetime A/C. With all the discussion on A/C and policy I was curious who will never have an entry problem.

I'm adding this edit after reading some of the other posts...
I now have "2" lifetime UA (thanks to the Pan Am I purchased), Lifetime Delta - thanks to Western Air, and US Air. All purchased several decades ago

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

[This message has been edited by askworldtraveler (edited 02-06-2002).]

Old Feb 6, 2002, 7:03 am

I too made the Admiral's Club investment and it has paid off.

I also have a few bad investments...Pan Am Clipper Club (still never fly Delta!)...and TWA Ambassadors Club both lifetime.

I guess it is THEIR lifetime...not mine!
Old Feb 6, 2002, 7:07 am

Yes, joining for life was one of my better investments. However, it was offset by Braniff and TWA.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 7:37 am

I have AA, UA and DL lifetime.

I had Western (Became DL) and TWA.

They were a good investment back in the 70's.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:13 am

I do not have one. However my seatmate this past Saturday boasted of having purchased a lifetime membership in the late 1960's.

He paid $250. And this included a Spouse membership!
Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:59 am

I am a lifetime AC as well. I bought it in 1985, and it has been a great investment. I am also lifetime Eastern & TWA, not quite as successful.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 9:03 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
rbarbour,

The lifetime Eastern card should have converted to a lifetime Continental card. Only those with lifetime TW cards have been left out in the lurch.

ff
Old Feb 6, 2002, 1:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by askworldtraveler:
I purchased a lifetime A/C (with spouse card) 20++ years ago. (I made the cost back in cheese cubes a long time ago)
</font>
Even though it seemed a ruinously expensive purchase at the time, at $2500, my 1992 lifetime membership proved in the end to be a very good thing to have.

The only annoying bit is many door staff haven't seen a lifetime card and they waste time looking for the expiration...

[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited 02-06-2002).]
Old Feb 6, 2002, 5:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Count me in.

Lifetime AA, DAL, NWA, UAL, all purchased back in the 70's. Great investments.

DAL actually came through Western, and I also had lifetime Pan Am and TWA.

I probably paid no more than $1,800 for all six memberships. Have gotten my money back many times over.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:03 pm

Got mine (spouse included) with Lifetime AAirpass back in '94. Certainly can't complain about the deal. Have considered "lifetime" RCC and considered Lifetime PassPlus with UA in the past. One of the most difficult things to contemplate with any lifetime deal is --Mortality. Not just your own mortality, but the possible mortality of the airline! Thus, I don't think I'd buy a lifetime UA anything for now. Nor would I buy such offerings from, say, America West. As for AA--well, I've already made my commitment.

------------------
AAExecPlat; Lifetime AAirpass; 3MillMiles; UApremier-PassPlus
Old Feb 7, 2002, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Platinum
About 4 or 5 years ago I bought a senior lifetime Admirals Club membership for $800 and consider it to have been a great buy.

I also had a Pan Am Clipper Club lifetime which was converted into a lifetime in Delta's Crown Room. It also can be used in UA Red Carpet Clubs in Asia (but I have never done it). All in all, a good value.

Like many others, I had a lifetime in the TWA Ambassador Club. AA's decision to only allow 3 years of Admirals makes no difference to me. However, it does not seem right. Since I bought the TWA card many years ago, paid very little for it, and used it a lot, I got my money's worth.

I hope I have not jinxed AA. Needless to say, when I bought the other memberships, I thought it was my lifetime -- not theirs.

--------------------------------
Retired, AA EXP, AA million miler approaching two (after combining TWA miles)
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3 million miler
Just stumbled across this thread. I purchased AA in 1976 and PA and TW around the same time. Seems many of us are in the same boat gaining DL Lifetime and loosing out altogether on TW. It would be nice if AA gave us the new Citibank World Elite Master Card for a nominal fee rather than the $450 which is the same as the Single Annual Renewal and is included with the credit card!
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Its usually frowned upon to bump threads that are more than two years old since the info can be out of date.
Bumping an 11 year old post is not recommended.
Welcome to FT, but please use the newbie thread instead of bumping such a classic..
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Welcome to FT, michaelb76!

While you have been a member for several years, this is your first post, so I wanted to take the opportunity to officially welcome you.

As jfkeze mentions, the FT's TOS state that very old threads should not be bumped unless there is new information, or a compelling reason to do so:
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q77

With that, I will close this thread.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

/ AA forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.