Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad News -- Jack Daniels is no longer availble on AA in coach.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by gradboozer
I have connections at the parent company for The Glenlivet, Absolut, Kahlua, and others. I'll see if I can find out from them if there's any truth to the rumors. It's possible AA just decided to stop carrying them due to cost reasons and perhaps to keep some of their offerings limited to domestic products.

Based on my understanding, there are very few bottling lines in the US (and perhaps the world) that can run 50ml sizes whether they're PET or glass. There's a decent sized market for these portions, so I'd be surprised to see any of these brands cease production. More to come
From experience with my company we make minis out of necessity not because we'd like to. They're expensive, they're high theft (in company stores), and when it comes to contracts like those with the airlines they aren't very profitable. I've looked into what it take to get product on planes, into hotel minibars etc. and unless it is something that is asked for by name on a daily basis they usually want only what is the best deal/value for them i.e biggest markup.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:43 pm

No Jim Beam

I was told for FC attendant on a my flight DFW-DAY that Jim Beam has been discontinued. She said JD, Canadian and lowest end Dewars are all that is left. No mention if was just domestic or if includes international.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

I wish AA would offer Woodford. DL does.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cstercl
I was told for FC attendant on a my flight DFW-DAY that Jim Beam has been discontinued. She said JD, Canadian and lowest end Dewars are all that is left. No mention if was just domestic or if includes international.
I thought they discontinued Jack Daniels a while ago. I've been asking for it and the FAs have always told me they don't carry them anymore.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
According to the menu in Y this month, they are offering Jack Daniels again.https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...dBeverages.jsp
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Bummer. I'd prefer a bourbon.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Wish they'd get some Jameson or Tullamore Dew on there.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I thought they discontinued Jack Daniels a while ago. I've been asking for it and the FAs have always told me they don't carry them anymore.
Had JD on a flight out of DFW one week ago, and several other flights this year. Never have been told that it was unavailable.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

I have never gotten over the removal of crown royal
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
+1
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Or Makers Mark.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Or Makers Mark.
Yes MM as well
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by cstercl
Originally Posted by Spiff
Bummer. I'd prefer a bourbon.
Two early August dinner flights between DFW and the East Coast confirm that the only consistency with AA booze provisioning is inconsistency.

Eastbound I ordered bourbon only to be told that none was available. Asked instead for whatever whisk(e)y they did have and got two minis of Canadian Club. No bourbon. No Jack. Presumably no Scotch though I didn't specifically ask for it though an astute FA should know that Scotch is a sub-category of whisk(e)y. I wanted a whiskey on the rocks and Dewars is only suitable for mixing, in my opinion.

Westbound, on the other hand, when I asked what type of whiskey/bourbon was available I was told Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Had a Jim Beam on the rocks and was reasonably satisfied. Woodford it ain't but among mid-range mass-market bourbons I will take Jim Beam over WN's favorite Wild Turkey.

I almost never drink Canadian blended whiskeys. Maybe in the occasional Manhattan or other cocktail. Or when it is all that AA stocks on the liquor cart. Is Crown Royal any different than the Canadian Club that is now showing up on some AA flights?

Last edited by Herb687; Aug 18, 2014 at 10:37 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Herb687
Two early August dinner flights between DFW and the East Coast confirm that the only consistency with AA booze provisioning is inconsistency.

Eastbound I ordered bourbon only to be told that none was available. Asked instead for whatever whisk(e)y they did have and got two minis of Canadian Club. No bourbon. No Jack. Presumably no Scotch though I didn't specifically ask for it though an astute FA should know that Scotch is a sub-category of whisk(e)y. I wanted a whiskey on the rocks and Dewars is only suitable for mixing, in my opinion.

Westbound, on the other hand, when I asked what type of whiskey/bourbon was available I was told Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Had a Jim Beam on the rocks and was reasonably satisfied. Woodford it ain't but among mid-range mass-market bourbons I will take Jim Beam over WN's favorite Wild Turkey.

I almost never drink Canadian blended whiskeys. Maybe in the occasional Manhattan or other cocktail. Or when it is all that AA stocks on the liquor cart. Is Crown Royal any different than the Canadian Club that is now showing up on some AA flights?
Yeah. Every time I ask for Jack, they offer me Jim Beam instead. I think it was Devil's Cut, but I could be mistaken.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:33 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Yeah. Every time I ask for Jack, they offer me Jim Beam instead. I think it was Devil's Cut, but I could be mistaken.
That Devil's Cut is quite good (for a mini).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.