Wiki Posts
Search

Map Confusion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, most hotels etc
Map Confusion

I have been using the Airline Map Router (for AA OneWorld), then discovered "Oneworld Interactive Network Map." It may not seem like a huge difference, but with codeshares and partners, it looks like I may have to start over using the latter. It may be on this humongous forum somewhere, but I've tried to find a recent thread/post that would explain it without any luck.

How about a simple, complete explanation of the difference, whether I can/cannot use codeshares on a OWE and which has the more accurate mileage for estimating my trip. My last OWE expolorer was in 2006 (I still have the itinerary), perhaps you could also go over any changes so I don't trip over myself.

Thanks in advance, this is a great forum ad I don't mean to sound ungrateful - just a little confusing for one who only can use it every 6-8 years (retired and not traveling much - just gathering credit card points).

Namaste...
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
It may help us categorise and respond to your request if you could more clearly explain exactly what you're trying to do, and what discrepancies you're finding.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
what are the links ?
Cause, if you talk about the tool on oneworld.com ; they just completly changed it and it is now awfull (I used to plan my trips on it).
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to plan a OWE trip.
One-World Map:
http://onw.innosked.com/?show=MAP
The question here is between Hubs and destinations, but the codeshares were all Eagle, so I think I got that figured out.

Discrepencies: on the Airline Route Mapper there's a pull-down that let's you select individual airlines or partner-groups i.e. One-World; Skyteam or custom. The One-World seems out-of-date listing airlines that don't agree with FlyerTalk's list (some of which don't exist anymore). I think I can create a more updated custom list based on the OWE carriers listed here in FlyerTalk.

I think I've figured out the codeshare/affiliate difference, the confusion was in the Route Mapper's configuration. I was finding Delta, Alaska and Jetblue as AA codeshares - my misinterpretation; my bad. That can be fixed using the custom feature and listing the arlines from FlyerTalk.

However I think I've found a contradiction in the FlyerTalk/NEW oneworld/AA Explorer Awards... section one: In the list AirBerlin shows as a member, however in the paragraph following the list it says AirBerlin may NOT be used except on an All-PartnerAward.

So, that having been said and (hopefully) clarified, which map would a more experienced AA flyer trust?

Last edited by cpmgrp; Sep 13, 2013 at 3:27 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cpmgrp
So, that having been said and (hopefully) clarified, which map would a more experienced AA flyer trust?
Both maps are done by Innovata using the same data, so they're equally trustworthy. The oneworld one has more granularity (select airlines, filter out direct flights with stops, etc) so that's the one I use for everything.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Great. Thanks, I appreciate the input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.