Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA flight change - 12 hours earlier - compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

AA flight change - 12 hours earlier - compensation?

AA has changed our flight to about 12 hours earlier due to a schedule change. This affects our other local trip with Azul in Brazil as we were obviously arriving in POA with Azul prior to departure. I know Azul has no partnership with AA, so they can't really help me rebook.

Should or will AA offer some kind of compensation as now my Azul flights arrive in POA after my newly scheduled flight. This will require more to pay fare differences and change fees.

Has anyone encountered such drastic schedule change that it would effect other trip plans like I'm experiencing? If so, what did AA do?

Thanks,
Tony
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
As a rule AA is very flexible w/schedule changes - allowing you to rebook/cancel w/o add'l costs. Compensation is not warranted.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:02 am

I think what OP is asking is: will AA compensate him for fare difference/change fees if he re-books his Azul flight to connect with the new time of AA flight?
The answer to that is: no.
However, as bdemaria says, AA will allow him to re-book his AA flight to connect with the existing Azul flight, without fees.
Though that will probably mean an overnight in POA.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Let's try to fix the problem first, before inquiring about compensation. It may be as simple as a phone call and it will be all better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.