Wiki Posts
Search

A little survey on your flights pre 9/11

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2002, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
A little survey on your flights pre 9/11

I've just looked at the new timetable and have noticed a lot of my favorite flights pre 9/11 are returning like the Eagles to DCA and the late night flight from DFW-SFO.

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing the same observation. Pre 9/11 I used to be able to take the last flight to DFW around 7 pm from any where on the East coast and connect to the last flight to SFO from DFW which left about 10:30 and arrived in SFO at 12:15 AM.

There used to be a mirror flight like it from ORD that left around 9:45 which got into SFO around 12:50 AM. This flight has not returned.

It seems like some of the old flights are reappearing. Just wondering if anybody else's favs are coming back. It will be nice to see everything come back to normal again schedule wise. Didn't you feel the pinch when they change the schedules when having to rearrange your own schedules?

I'm just glad AA is trying to get back to normal.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Negative for me (Europe destinations). It still takes 3 hops on AA to go from SFO to many places there.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 10:40 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I have yet to see the 1p.m. flight out of MTY - DFW return, not to mention I am in mourning over the loss of the silly 80 on this route. Am stuck with F-100 still on this.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
I WISH the Colorado market would return! We have no competition here now and it is impossible to get to the west coast cheaply or conveniently.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 11:41 am

BOS-SEA still gone - i'll be happy when that comes back, which is made interesting by the fact that Alaska has entered the market now (service starting this spring)
Old Jan 14, 2002, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
I saw a post here recently that BOS-SEA is coming back this Spring. Interesting news about Alaska. Do they have any other flights to the East Coast?
Old Jan 14, 2002, 2:59 pm

Location: Dallas, Texas, USA. AA Exec. Plat., Inter-Continental Six Continents Club "Executive", Hyatt Gold Passport "Diamond"
Unfortunately the late afternoon SFO-DFW flight shows no signs of returning. Now when I have business there I either have to wait until the morning after my business is complete, or take the dreaded red-eye back if I want to take American. 4:30pm might work for some, but it's just not practical for me.

Coming from other cities on the west coast, such as Seattle, the only decent option for a late afternoon departure is United, with a connection through Denver. I guess AA will make a change if they feel like they're losing business. I'm not holding my breath, though!!

I have noticed a few flights here-and-there starting to come back, though none as important to me as the late afternoon west coast departures destined for DFW.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The AS flight starts on 2APR.
One AA flight starts on 7APR; the second one on 15JUN.

AS will codeshare on AA; AA will not do the same with the AS flight.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stephlac:
I saw a post here recently that BOS-SEA is coming back this Spring. Interesting news about Alaska. Do they have any other flights to the East Coast?</font>
Alaska goes to Washington DC, but not sure which airport(s). That is it for East coast (along with new Boston route on 4/4).

Rob
Old Jan 14, 2002, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

AS goes to both IAD and DCA now. Don't know if they'll switch back to all DCA now.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rmc1:
Alaska goes to Washington DC, but not sure which airport(s). That is it for East coast (along with new Boston route on 4/4).

Rob
</font>
Old Jan 14, 2002, 5:09 pm
askworldtraveler

I'm with Hillrider - mostly Europe - FC0 coming back - seasonal I'm told, which is important to me. The BA alliance could help those of us on the West coast tring to get across the pond.

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

Old Jan 15, 2002, 4:40 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
here's some info I have on returning routes-

SEA-BOS AA188 Starts 7th April
BOS-SEA AA189 Starts 7th April

ORD-BHX AA023 Starts 1st April
BHX-ORD AA024 Starts 1st April

ORD-FCO AA110 Starts 1st May - Seasonal/ends 30th Oct
FCO-ORD AA111 Starts 2nd may - Seasonal/ends 31st Oct

JFK-LHR AA116 Starts 1st May 2330-1130+1
LHR-JFK AA115 Starts 2nd May 0800-1055

ORD-GLA AA052 Starts 1st May - Seasonal/ends 30th Oct
GLA-ORD AA053 Starts 2nd May - Seasonal/ends 31st Oct

MIA-BOG AA2175 Starts 7th April
BOG-MIA AA916 Starts 7th April

Old Jan 15, 2002, 5:12 am

I really wish more AA service would return to BUF. Prior to 9/11, AA had non-stop service to DFW, JFK, and ORD. The only service that remained after 9/11 is ORD.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Looking at the timetable again. The SFO and SJC redeyes to BOS are back. Also, the SJC-JFK redeye is back too. The timetable lists them as coming back in May. At least SJC won't be dead at night any more.

Looks like my SFO-JFK flagship redeye will open up more with the return of these flights!!!

[This message has been edited by SFOJFK (edited 01-16-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.