Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does AA First Class offer chauffeur service?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Does AA First Class offer chauffeur service?

Hi guys,

Does AA offer any chauffeur service with First Class? Flying PEK-ORD-FLL.

Thank You
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:16 pm

You seem to be confusing AA with airlines who provide a great premium product.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Does any US carrier?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
If you pay for Five Star Service, AA will coordinate with your car service upon arrival at the airport. The same service might be available to CKs and some very uber-VIP travelers (celebrities, diplomats, major corporate CEOs, etc).
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by captainflyer
Does AA offer any chauffeur service with First Class? Flying PEK-ORD-FLL.
if you pretend to be disabled, you can be "chauffered" to your gate at ORD in an electric cart with the driver yelling "mind the cart" to hundreds of passengers who ignore him.

That's about as close to "chauffer service" as you get on AA.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, yea i don't really want to fly AA but don't see many other options getting out of PEK in Business or First with oneworld. I assume going with BA through LHR would be much more on taxes and slightly longer flight. Any thoughts with routing?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Thanks, yea i don't really want to fly AA but don't see many other options getting out of PEK in Business or First with oneworld. I assume going with BA through LHR would be much more on taxes and slightly longer flight. Any thoughts with routing?
I believe routing through LHR would require either distance based Explorer award or two separate awards (Asia2-Europe and Europe-N.America) because Asia2-N.America has to be transpacific.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by kkjay77
I believe routing through LHR would require either distance based Explorer award or two separate awards (Asia2-Europe and Europe-N.America) because Asia2-N.America has to be transpacific.
They didn't specify a redemption.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

I am using miles for this flight...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cathay Pacific? PEK-HKG-ORD-FLL?

JAL? PEK-NRT-ORD-FLL?

Those look like perfectly comfortable First Class or Business Class options to get from PEK to FLL.

Ahh, you're redeeming miles. If you were talking about spending many thousands of dollars, then the above would be applicable. If you're redeeming miles, you generally take what you can get.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
They didn't specify a redemption.
Oops, you are wright.
But then again, I don't think routing through LHR on BA would be a good idea when one can just buy PEK-NRT/HKG-ORD-FLL on JL F or CX F instead of PEK-LHR-DFW/ORD-FLL on BA F.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by kkjay77
Oops, you are wright.
But then again, I don't think routing through LHR on BA would be a good idea when one can just buy PEK-NRT/HKG-ORD-FLL on JL F or CX F instead of PEK-LHR-DFW/ORD-FLL on BA F.
PEK-LHR-MIA-LIMO is probably tolerable.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:09 pm

Don't even start dreaming.

Does AA F provide Cappuccino?
What about Caviar?
Any good champagne?
Food different from mediocre business class food?
What about multiple different kinds of tea?
Or F suites with privacy?
Or even seats which are as wide and long as many other airlines have?
What about sound absorbing curtains between the cabins?
Don't even think about attentive crews and not the ones which makes you feel bad when you even ask for a glas of water (because they are there for your safety, not to serve you)

I never understand why anybody would pay for AA F. I feel that almost everybody in AA F is either on an award ticket or upgraded or works for AA.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
if you pretend to be disabled, you can be "chauffered" to your gate at ORD in an electric cart with the driver yelling "mind the cart" to hundreds of passengers who ignore him.

That's about as close to "chauffer service" as you get on AA.
Hey! That means I've been treated to chauffer service on AA! Wow! I feel so special.

MrQ doesn't have to pretend to be disabled. He carries his blue parking placard in his daypack, then waves it to flag down an electric cart at DFW. Embarrassing? Yes. But I get a free ride out of the deal.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
BA F is better service but smaller/cramped seat. Will still not give you chauffer services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.