Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Office Max

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2001, 12:12 am

I think we might have won, but I have not heard anything additional and I don't know if they will say this is effective as of a certain date and not for our orders. But I do believe this is a glimmer of good news.

http://webcenter.aolaadvantage.aol.c...egory=SHOPPING

Old Jul 24, 2001, 5:10 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Has anyone heard anything new? I just emailed officemax, calypso, and aolaadvantage. Will let you know if I get replies.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Thanks keithjn. Great work. Of course, I never got a response back to the voice mail I left for Paul Vale. I saw that they changed the offer...hope they'll do the right thing now and deposit the miles into our AAccounts.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 8:04 am

I received a reply from officemax.com within hours, but the only thing they had to say was for me to contact aolaadvantage...

Sigh!
Old Jul 24, 2001, 1:14 pm

I have now received replies from officemax, calypso, and aolaadvantage. They all refer me to someone else, and all three to different "someone elses".

In addition officemax told me "...AOLAdvantage is an affiliate program that we at Officemax have nothing to do with...". Truly amazing...

[This message has been edited by Hagbard Viking (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old Jul 24, 2001, 2:05 pm

And in a separate reply from aolaadvantage I was told: As all companies that participate in the AOL AAdvantage rewards program handle their own mileage credit issues, please contact the company directly.

Whoever it was who said that a mileage run for the 20,000 miles would be easier than the 20/20 promo was right...
Old Jul 24, 2001, 2:49 pm

In this case the "company" is Calypso. It is listed under member services as the place to contact. They are the affiliate for several of the partners. We are just lucky that we could count each one of them and they did not post as Calypso on our statement! One small miracle.

the mileage run for the 20K would not also be easier and faster........it might be cheaper if the right web deal was involved!

Old Jul 24, 2001, 3:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We are just lucky...</font>
That's exactly the problem with this promotion, the whole thing seems to depend on luck. I would much prefer predictability even if it there would be fewer "bargains" available.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:05 am

Not sure if this will help and I don't have the info with me right now, but I received a call today from Calypso giving me a number to call at OfficeMax who is supposedly aware of the problem (not the resolution mind you, just the problem). And it is an 800 number, so it is not like I am going to get someone specific who really "knows" what is going on. I think someone else posted the number in another thread on AA board. I will have to call into my cell phone voicemail to get the number and post it and will also let everyone know what happens. (Hopes not high, although I find the wording change on the site encouraging, at least they are not ripping off people from this point forward) If someone else calls them, please post the results so we know what we are up against too. Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 1:02 am

This is one of the replies I got: OfficeMax has established a
direct telephone line to handle AOLAAdvantage Customer Service. Please
contact them at 800-283-7674.

I'm getting tired of this mess. I've given up on OfficeMax as a 20/20 partner. Taking the time wasted into account it's a lot cheaper to make a donation or another purchase elsewhere to get a partner than to pursue this with OfficeMax/Calypso.

They could just go through all orders from the past month or so and credit miles to everybody how didn't get them. If they want to recover some of the lost goodwill and retain their customers why don't they just do that instead of setting up special phone numbers for people to call to complain? Or, as a very minimum they could forward our emails to the relevant department instead of returning them and have the customers contact someone else. Until the miles post I'm not shopping at OfficeMax again, online or in-store. As for the 20/20 partner I'll find another one...
Old Jul 25, 2001, 7:13 am

I've also had problems with OfficeMax. I emailed AAFFCS and got told to use email on the help page of AAOLAdvantage. I sent email back telling the CS that I would not since they have been useless. I also pointed out the confussion about the miles for orders less the $100. Well got email today stating the that they would look into it and also a link to the Office Max link on AOLAdvantage. What you know, there is a statement that orders under $100 get miles. It also states it is for a limited time but no date. MMM... guess it will just drop when they run out of miles that Office Max bought??
Old Jul 25, 2001, 7:27 am

Just to let everyone know. I just called the above listed 800 # and was told that it was NOT a special number for this program (gee, lied to again - why am I not surprised?) and that I would have to contact Calypso.
Old Jul 26, 2001, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
So I woke up -- still half dazed and logged into AA.com to check AAdvantage postings.

And there they were! 128 Office Max Miles!!! I rubbed my eyes and they were still there. Then, to be sure, I closed my browser, re-opened it and re-logged in -- and they were still there! I then called the dog over for her to take a look -- and she gave me that "what the heck are you talking about" look (I just want to go outside). But they were still there.

After two weeks of fighting with Office Max corporate and threats to both Office Max and AOL AAdvantage (ie, how can we set up an arbitration hearing now -- what is the procedue? and the AOL AADVANTAGE people had no idea what this even was), somehow the miles were posted! This was miles for a puchase of $64 on 7/9....

Keep fighting!

What may of helped -- not sure here -- is that I told the CEO's office of Office Max that I was going to return the merchandise and order the exact same merchandise under the new offer and that I needed them to coordinate the return pick-up with the delivery of the new items. She thought that this just sounded crazy! (I agreed!) Also, I told her -- which is true -- that last year my growing company spent over $4,300 at Office Max and that all purchases were diverted to Office Depot and BT until this matter was resolved.

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 07-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 07-27-2001).]
Old Jul 26, 2001, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
Follow-up to the previous posting --- and I am STILL LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

This evening I received an e-mail from AOLAADVANTAGE again saying that I was not eligible for Office Max miles as I didn't purchase $100.00!

Left hand...meet the right hand...
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:32 pm

Hello, I re-ordered the same pens for 1.47 and received the shipment today. If Officemax.com doesn't post those **** miles I'm going to be really mad.. Once I'm done with this promotion and when I get the miles posted from Officemax, I'm never going to shop there anymore. I used to purchase items there for my business (not a large amount though) but not anymore. Let's hope they will honor this new rule- miles for purchases below $100, as they state in the link. Adios

[This message has been edited by eperaltaotero (edited 07-26-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.