Search

TWA LIfetime Miles Transfered to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2001, 1:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
TWA LIfetime Miles Transfered to AA?

My AA "program-to-date" mileage balance just increased very significantly. Furthermore, I cannot see any activity posted to justify the increase. Also, the amount of the increase is virtually the same as the amount of my my TWA lifetime miles.

A while ago there was a lot of controversy in FT as to whether or not the TWA "program-to-date" miles would count toward the same on AA. Although the president of AAdvantage (Bruce Chemmel?) indicated that those miles would count, his wording in the online transcript was a bit vague which I believe caused all the controversy in the first place.

Since the only TWA miles of mine to initially get transfered into AAdvantage were
"current" miles, I assumed the lifetime TWA miles would not count. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old Dec 17, 2001, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
TWA then current miles supposedly counted towards AA lifetime miles, albeit there was some discussion that TWA Lifetime miles (used but not then current) would also count...which maybe they are doing?
Old Dec 17, 2001, 3:51 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I haven't had any type of jump lately.. but I do hope the TWA Lifetime miles do transfer... it would put me over 1MM.

How many miles did your count jump?

Greg
Old Dec 17, 2001, 4:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GregL:
I haven't had any type of jump lately.. but I do hope the TWA Lifetime miles do transfer... it would put me over 1MM.

How many miles did your count jump?

Greg
</font>

My "program-to-date" account balance jumped roughly 370,000 miles. But nowhere can I find an explanation. I'm almost positive that it's a result of my old TWA miles.

Now, I'm just 15,000 miles short of lifetime Gold!!

[This message has been edited by Neal (edited 12-17-2001).]
Old Dec 17, 2001, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
TWA program miles that were transferred over DO count towards AA program miles.

1 million AA program miles DO = lifetime GOLD!!!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Platinum
My lifetime TWA just posted. Went from AA 800K to lifetime 1.5 million.

Havenot gotten any formal notice yet.

Old Dec 17, 2001, 5:38 pm

Aviator history miles are being transfered this week into the AAdvantage account for the purposes of updating program to date miles only. These will be used for end of year eligiblity consideration of elite status. None of these miles will effect the award eligible counter.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 6:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Island:
Aviator history miles are being transfered this week into the AAdvantage account for the purposes of updating program to date miles only. These will be used for end of year eligiblity consideration of elite status. None of these miles will effect the award eligible counter.</font>
Yes, but what does "to date" miles have to do with qualifying for elite status this coming year? Could you please clarify?

Old Dec 17, 2001, 6:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Island:
Aviator history miles are being transfered this week into the AAdvantage account for the purposes of updating program to date miles only. These will be used for end of year eligiblity consideration of elite status. None of these miles will effect the award eligible counter.</font>
Island -- I just checked my AA account and noticed a certain increase in my Program-to-date miles, but most certainly much, much less than I expected to come from TW. I went to my TW account, and printed all my history with them, then did some calculations. It appears that only actual miles flown (according to my preliminary calculations, with 750 minimum - not even 1,000 minimum for Elite) were counted and added to my AA Program-to-date. The rest of the miles I've earned with TW (elite bonuses, online booking bonuses, various promo bonuses, miles associated with hotel stays and car rentals, etc.) were not added.

Do you know if this is how it's supposed to be? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 12-17-2001).]
Old Dec 17, 2001, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Neal:
Yes, but what does "to date" miles have to do with qualifying for elite status this coming year? Could you please clarify?

</font>
I think he means that your flights flown on TWA metal will be counted toward your AAdvantage status.

So if you've flow 30k in TWA metal and 70k on AA/oneWorld, you may qualify for EXP.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
My "program to date" miles increased significantly today, following the initial transfer of my unused TW miles a couple of weeks ago! Am now lifetime Gold and well on my way to lifetime PLT!! I'll be looking for those VIPOW's. Merci beaucoup AA!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I did not see any chnage in my lifetime balance since the original TWA transfer on 12/3?
Old Dec 17, 2001, 9:23 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Me neither. Maybe tomorrow? Still can't believe that they are being so generous. They will now be giving away lots of lifetime platinum cards, with double miles and alls (and maybe tons of VIPOWs). Nice that they are. Now if they would only do the same with the lifetime club cards ...
Old Dec 18, 2001, 10:51 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
My program-to-date total jumped from about 425,000 to 1,135,000 today... apparently reflecting the transfer of lifetime TWA miles -- and earning me lifetime Gold.

I believe the amount of this increase was equal to my lifetime TWA mileage total minus the remaining miles transferred over from Aviators to AAdvantage.

Greg

Old Dec 18, 2001, 11:47 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
just checked mine and DPs, no change yet.

Eugene- Your TWA miles actual miles flown haven't come in yet have they? I'm waiting patiently for them....

Glad to hear its the 750 mile rule and not the 500 mile AA rule for minimums. I was worried I would have to do a little hop to put me over the 100K edge.

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.