Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EGGO'S-Kelloggs says 88,000 mi. missing!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2001, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

I had 3k more miles post today. It just says Kelloggs- I think after a while they go back in and change those posting to "Club Eggo" on the waffle certs. I can't really tell what is posting from what. I never should have sent in those other envelopes of stray 500-1000 mi certs until I got this 100k + 25k mess straightened out. However, certs from my wife, 3 separate mailings of 500 mi eggos, 500 mi eggos and 500 mi swirls have now all posted so she is ok and up to date.

p.s. wife said ATT man came by the house today as part of door to door campaign to sign up homes to bundle all their services i.e. local, long distance and internet. He said they are offering great price packages. She said to the man "you don't understand, unless miles are part of the package my husband won't listen" She said he got a puzzled look on his face and left.

------------------
4miles

"will take all kinds of crap for miles"
Old Jul 31, 2001, 6:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by corky:
Yep, I had a nutrigrain bar on a DFW-LAX snack flt. What's next, Eggo waffles in F on a b'fast flight?</font>
Not only is it happening on the flights, i got it as part of bistro meals on breakfast flights recectly, its also happening on Marrott branded inns where they are served at the free continental breakfast

Old Jul 31, 2001, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
zipual, after reading your message, I checked one of our accounts for the 5 certs sent in in late April. Sure enough, they were finally there.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 12:23 pm

4miles, just checking on how your problem is coming along.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah 4miles, don't keep us in suspense. I feels so bad for you--what an ordeal!Are you actually IN Battle Creek, Mi.pounding on someone right now? I would be.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi gang!!

Yes, you're right, I should continue to let you know what is happening. Well....Nothing!!

My last post where the 3k posted on July 31 has been the last credit of any miles.

If I don't hear anything this week then I will take the prepaid label and shove it....err, I mean start shoving my xerox copies of certs in an envelope and begin the proof of purchase process with Kelloggs. This was a step I was hoping to avoid. But, I don't think I have much of a choice at this point. While some posters talk of 3-4 mos before getting credit I think I have too much at stake here to wait much longer.

I have since accumulated several cereal, Swirls, and NG certs but don't want to mail anything else in till these 2 chapters (100k and 25k) are closed.

Odd that 3 mailings of 500 mi each for my wife posted without incident. I would have thought that my 100k, registered mail would have moved them up on the priority ladder. But it seems to have slowed down the process.

I think coupon credit postings tend to occur on Monday and Tuesday so maybe tomorrow will bring good news. I will continue to let everyone know how my coupon odyessy develops. Thanks for asking.

------------------
4miles

Old Aug 9, 2001, 7:54 am

Programs: Usairways Silver
Eggos Lost my eggo Miles...what a shocker!!! I sent in 1 500 Club eggo cert and it is nowhere to be found after 6 weeks...I just dont understand this. The rep says maybe it got lost in the mail...that is such BS....funny how all my other ones posted, nutrigrain and swirls that I mailed in..It seems that the eggo's are the real deadbeats. The rep asked if I made a copy of it. I said NO, I didnt think it was necessary to copy one cert, and even if I did how can you prove that is the one I sent in? She said well we cant, but we trust the consumer..I said well then trust me and give me my 500 miles!! We shall see what happens...I am betting in a few months they will appear mysteriously...

------------------
Dena
Old Aug 9, 2001, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

NEW UPDATE!!

I decided to call Kelloggs (K) one more time before I started the proof of purchase process this week. Spoke with a very competent CSR. She carefully listened to my review of the situation and offered to help however she could. Asked my permission to put me on hold several times to which I obliged.

She said:

1. Her records show 83,500 miles have gone thru their processors and sent to AA but no way of verifying how many AA has posted. Could not tell for sure how many miles were still left to record at K

2, K uses a 3 step verification process to make sure all miles are accurately transmitted to the proper account which adds delays to the system.

3. A large order can easily get split up and take longer to post than a small order ergo the reason most of my smaller mailings have already posted.

4. She understood my dilema of jumping thru hoops to prove purchases if in fact all of my certs are in the system somewhere. She suggested I hold onto the mailing label and wait 3-4 weeks before sending all of my evidence.

5. Can sometimes take 3-4 mos for certs to post.

6. Said all certs are posted in 500 mi increments. Even the single 500 mile certs.

7. Reassured me they will take care of my situation.

8. Could not explain why I was told that my original 88k was not received. But yet, she could not verify how many in total have been received.

I think I will wait a couple of more weeks before sending in copies of certs and see what happens. Last posting to my account has been July 31.

In light of all different kinds of posts and results, I still believe the best procedure for any large order is to make copies, send the certs registered mail (this adds one more level of credibility in case you have to prove anything), return receipt requested, plus I would weigh the package and have postal proof as to the weight All of this may be carrying things to the extreme but I didn't do these waffle runs for my health. I did it for the miles!!!!!!!

p.s. I also told her I was a little miffed at K for acknowledging my original e-mail, telling me they would investigate and contact me within 7-10 days with their findings then never following thru with me. She dodged that question.

------------------
4miles

Old Aug 9, 2001, 6:20 pm

Mine have posted in increments of 500 and in
lump sums of 5000 and 5500. It would take forever to post billions of certs in groups that small.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 8:31 am

4miles, just checking in on your situation. Any posting of the missing miles yet?

Since your post, I've been sending mine in smaller batches, but having to photocopy, insure and signature return request them, it sure adds up. I sent in 3,000 miles about a month ago and mine posted yesterday. They posted in 6 500-mile increments. The 4,000 I sent in for husband haven't posted.

I've been watching for at least a month for deals and haven't really found any except for about 2 cents/mile.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Nanook:

No miles posted since 7-31.

Nada...nothing...zero. However, since my post of 8-09 where I mentioned abt being ticked at Kelloggs for never answering my e-mail, I did receive an unsolicted e-mail from them on 8-15

They apoligized for not answering my first e-mail and said they were still researching my case. ????? Odd that I would mention the lack of response on this BB abt K not answering then a couple of days later I get an e-mail of apology.

But, bottom line: still missing tons of miles. Almost all of my small mileage submissions (500 to 2500) have all posted for myself and other family members. Submitted 500 mi for Swirls on my daughter 8-4 and they posted 8-17. I still have a few thou to send in but not sending anymore on myself until I get my megamiles straightened out.

In spite of all this I am anxious to do another waffle run before the certs disappear.
4m
Old Aug 29, 2001, 7:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Man, I must sure be lucky. I have over one hundred certs that I plan on sending in soon. But I recently sent in an envelope of five certs each to Kellogs, Eggos, Swirls and Nutrigrain. I wanted to get those in right away for the partner credits for the 20/20 promo. All four of them must have posted within about three weeks! The same goes for most every other partner!!
Old Aug 29, 2001, 8:15 pm

Kellogg's seems to be much slower than when I started this the beginning of July. Miles were showing up in about two weeks, but the last 10,000 miles were received July 30 and nothing has posted yet.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

If you think it is slow now, how would you like to be scrambling for partners on Sept. 29? Or worse yet, when some of the certs get close to expiration can you imagine the avalanche of mail? All the more reason I am anxious to get full credit for my full 125k.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 5:24 am

Programs: Usairways Silver
I really think Kelloggs Eggo are the only ones that have some sort of problem. I mailed a Keloggs Eggo 500 mile cert on 7/5 and it never posted...after numerous calls to Kelloggs, they insisted they did not have it, it must have gotten "LOST"...that is not very comforting considering I sent in many other batches of swirls, nutrigrain, and cereal way after the eggos and they all posted in about 2 weeks...What further pissed me off was the fact I sent in another 500 mile EGGO cert for my husband 3 weeks ago, the same day my sister sent in her Eggo. Interestingly enough hers posted within 2 weeks, they have no record of my husbands to date...Finally yesterday I call and voila, my eggo cert was received on 8/13...I asked the rep where had my cert been for 5 weeks and she offered no explanation and said they get thousands in every day. This I can believe and understand but what I dont understand is how they prioritize this...How can my sister send hers in weeks after mine and they post, while mine and my husbands were MIA? It really makes no sense to me..I am still holding my breath to see if they show up as the rep said they havent been sent over to AA yet...What are they waiting for ? Its a mystery indeed....I really wish Kelloggs would have devised some kind of better system but I am guessing they did not anticipate the volume of mail they would be getting and dont have enough people processing them.Thats just my thoughts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.