Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

"Proud to Fly American" buttons available on limited basis starting Dec. 5!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Proud to Fly American" buttons available on limited basis starting Dec. 5!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2001, 8:13 pm

Bill,

I have emailed you privately, I did not receive your email either, but I am caught up in the @home/rogers fiasco in Canada so ut may be my end.

Dennis

------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous
Old Dec 4, 2001, 8:14 pm

Got it, thanks!

Old Dec 5, 2001, 9:43 am
sj

Can I get one of these buttons also? I'll be flying through DFW to ORD on Friday nite? Where can I go to get one?
Old Dec 5, 2001, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Hello, sj, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The buttons should be available at all three Admirals Clubs in DFW and both clubs at ORD. Don't know what time you're flying but, presuming the DFW clubs will still be open, you should be able to obtain one at any of those three. My hope is that, if you present yourself at the reception desk and tell them you know about the button campaign from FlyerTalk (even if you are not a member of the Admirals Club), you will be offered a button. I cannot promise that to be the case, however, since AA is testing the response to this program, why would they refuse you?

Wishing you a safe and pleasant journey,

Bill
Old Dec 5, 2001, 10:36 am

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Well, just went through both the AUS and DFW (A) AC's this morning. No buttons yet

Hopefully I'll have better luck on the way back home tomorrow...BTW, the AUS agents had no idea they were coming, but think it's a great idea!
Old Dec 5, 2001, 1:35 pm
sj

I'll be going through DFW around 6 p.m. tomorrow and returning from ORD around 4:30 p.m. Thanks for the info. I am definitely proud to fly American since that will be the flight that will make me Platinum. I've only been Gold a little more than a month but I must say that the perks of elite status are great. Actually, this website is just great. I've already started telling everyone I know who travels a lot like I just started to log on.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 2:06 pm
askworldtraveler

I called the AC at LAX where I'll be leaving from on Friday and asked them to hold 2 for me.... they were really happy to get the call -
Got the phone # from the online Chat help on aa.com

Great Idea... Thank You....

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

Old Dec 5, 2001, 2:19 pm

Hope there will be more by the time I pass through another airport on Xmas Day (burning some miles and heading for warmth). Ending this year with 65+K AA miles. Will try for the big 100K in '02.
C.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 2:21 pm

Location: Austin, TX AA 1.5MM PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Prez
No buttons in DFW as of 3PM Cental. The lady didn't know what I was talking about, but went and asked a secretary who did. She told me to expect them delivered between Wednesday to Friday. I will check in AUS in about an hour. Even if they are not there yet at least they will know that there is a demand for them. I will check DFW again tomorrow when I fly out on my first ever Mileage Run!

- Comet

PS - The lady did let me have a "Proud to be American" pin which I've already attached to my backpack! I think from the description, the "Proud to fly American" pin will look the same.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
DFW Admirals Clubs don't have them yet. I went by at lunch.

The memo the club managers received said they would arrive between today and Friday. They do not have any information on how many are going to be sent.

BTW, the way the clubs are configured at DFW, you will need to be an AC member to get up the elevator to the club at either A or C. They have someone stationed downstairs to check id's.

Also, the four folks behind the desk at Terminal A were unaware AA was doing this... only the club manager knew.

I'm supposed to get a call when the DFW buttons arrive, so I'll post that here.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I'd love to have two of those buttons for my friend (and fellow FlyerTalker) niklaus1 and myself. Could anyone please grab and send me two?

I'd gladly send some Swiss chocolates in return...
Old Dec 5, 2001, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

askworldtraveler: That's the spirit! Glad to hear that the AC at LAX is enthusiastic about the button campaign.

AA since 85: Please email me so I can reply to you - I'll make sure you get a button.

Comet: Thanks for the update and, if I've not already said so, "Welcome to FlyerTalk!"

techgirl: Thank you for keeping us informed; I appreciate your interest!

airoli: You've got mail.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Went by DFW B AC this afternoon and they said they had them earlier in the day set out in a basket. People took them "by the handful" and they were gone in an hour.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 4:42 pm

Hi Bill, Do you think that you could possibly save one for me? I would be ever so grateful. Thanks, Cindy
Old Dec 5, 2001, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

bollar: Sorry to learn that the buttons flew out the door in such fashion. I hope that basketful was not their only supply.

Cindy: Absolutely! And when might I have the pleasure of delivering it to you in person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.