FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   US Airways Moving to AA's T8 at JFK Wednesday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1497972-us-airways-moving-aas-t8-jfk-wednesday.html)

DCann Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

US Airways Moving to AA's T8 at JFK Wednesday

This wasn't very well publicized and sounds like it's being done under the cover of darkness... but in case you are wondering why you are seeing US Airways signs in Terminal 8, this is the reason:

US Airways to Move to American’s Terminal 8 at JFK

US Airways, which is planning to merge with rival American Airlines later this year, will move to American’s Terminal 8 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport on Wednesday. The airline operates a relatively small number of flights out of JFK, eight on average, mainly to its hubs in Charlotte and Phoenix...

oldsmoboi Aug 27, 2013 5:28 pm

bit premature?

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Aug 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Supposedly the move had nothing to do with the merger. US only has PHX and CLT from JFK.

incognitoMD Aug 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 21347056)
Supposedly the move had nothing to do with the merger. US only has PHX and CLT from JFK.

This was what I was thinking.

HNL Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

US is supposed to be relocating to AA terminals in MIA very soon.

LINDEGR Aug 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 21347056)

Seems hard to believe. Good news nonetheless!:)

justforfun Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm

But why such short notice to pax?

dayone Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by DCann (Post 21346885)
This wasn't very well publicized and sounds like it's being done under the cover of darkness... but in case you are wondering why you are seeing US Airways signs in Terminal 8, this is the reason:

US Airways to Move to American’s Terminal 8 at JFK

How did you come across that article? It's not listed on Google News and Google search added it "2 hours ago." You must have a very eclectic reading list.

george 3 Aug 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 21347514)
How did you come across that article? It's not listed on Google News and Google search added it "2 hours ago." You must have a very eclectic reading list.

I saw the reference to USA Today's website in a BB google search.

dayone Aug 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by george 3 (Post 21347564)
USA Today's website

That's where I saw it. The OP's cite is a bit more obscure.

seawolf Aug 27, 2013 8:14 pm

US Airways Moving to AA's T8 at JFK Wednesday

PANYNJ site updated

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airlines.html

denCSA Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Isn't this kind of bad news for US pax (at least those with club memberships) since they'll no longer have access to the [dump that is] United Club? Or will AA be granting US members access to the AC?

Fanjet Aug 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun (Post 21347225)
But why such short notice to pax?

It was reported weeks ago. I think people just figured it wasn't going to happen anymore due to the DOJ injunction. But a move like this just doesn't happen on the spur of the moment.

DCann Aug 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 21347514)

RSS feed.

Microwave Aug 28, 2013 1:45 am

This thread is going to have a very narrow remit as the actual impact to AA passengers is quite small. Those interested in talking about other airports, the merger, or the impact on US passengers should follow the appropriate threads (or fora).

~Moderator