Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Will you be sticking with AA for your 2014 flying?
Definitely, I haven't seen enough to make me change
71.03%
Undecided, I plan to wait and see how things settle out
22.43%
No, I have decided to plant my flag elsewhere for next year
6.54%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Stick with AA for 2014 or not

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
AA has been amazing to me over the years.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have been in Y over the last few years.

The Admirals Club staff are wonderful to me. Especially DFW-D, AUS and SNA...

Also, I sincerely appreciate Customer Relations very prompt responses to comments.
Absolutely, AA is great. And I can tell you, Pan Am was even better! But that doesn't totally answer the "is it a good idea to stick around" question.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm sticking for 2014 as I'll be EXP by then. That being said, I'll be watching how things unfold next year. A revenue program won't hurt me (I spend way more than what other programs require) so I'm not worried there. I'm worried they'll dilute the EXP experience.

If the merger happens, I'll be on an even closer watch. I'm hoping it doesn't.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by derekchad
That's easy. I've has PLT for a year, and enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure that I would not have been treated as well, or had as many benefits as an elite that 'only' flew 75k in 2012. And now, With the help if a $40k spend on the World Elite MC, I'm at 86k for the year, with enough to travel planned to reach EXP in Oct.

So, although I've really only been flying regularly for two years, and I feel like that would be wasted if I didn't get to enjoy the new planes coming online right now as a top elite.
So, I think I know you derekchad - stick with AA and enjoy the bennies of EXP. Once you make it, it is hard to change.

mrlonghorn (JP)
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I'm in

I'm out of AUS so I basically have to connect for pretty much every flight. With this, it is pretty much DFW or IAH. I have been EXP for 4-5 years and while AA may not be the best, I realize how good I have it (and they too with how much I spend each year) when I don't have to worry about seats, arcane cattle call boarding procedures, flights that get screwed up with the potential for missed connections and more. Plus,

My only real wish would be that AA beef up their European flights. I feel that I have to go through LHR too much and would prefer more direct routes to Eastern Europe. But, I also do this so my SWUs will be confirmed.

Can't complain too much. I feel that wouldn't be the case if I started over with someone else. I'm in.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum

Same here. Staying loyal; EXP since 2001.

I have been in PHX lately and have flown 7 US segments (already re-qualified EXP). Have to say the US economy experience leaves a lot to be desired, but the connections.

Now, while the merger is being debated, I'll be in the Eagle's Nest at LAX. Can't wait for that AC and terminal remodel as mentioned in another thread. LOL

No, I can't hold my breath that long.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:26 pm

For now I'm staying, but I don't like the way the wind is blowing. Too much watering down of program benes for mid/low tier elites, too much chasing after new blood on the ponzi scheme theory: it's fine to p'o' existing elites as long as you can outweigh the resulting losses with new suckers.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
First option due to already booked travel for next year.
If it gets worse, I can easily credit to CX and go for DM.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
As someone who also came over with the great 1k match, im staying. AA has been great and treats their elites orders of magnitude better than the others. There is no greener grass.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Loyalty matters; I'm staying
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond

AA all the way. ðŸ‘
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: The red, white, blue and silver one....
it depends. Living in the UK, if I go to Canada or Asia/Australia, then no, but USA then YEAHHH!!!!! (only if one of the services is still operated by 77W though)

Last edited by SpeedBird17Victor; Aug 28, 2013 at 12:31 am
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SpeedBird17Victor
it depends. Living in the UK, if I go to Canada or Asia/Australia, then no, but North America then YEAHHH!!!!! (only if one of the services is still operated by 77W though)
BA has an inferior mileage programme.
You would be better with CX or AA regardless.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Originally Posted by SpeedBird17Victor
it depends. Living in the UK, if I go to Canada or Asia/Australia, then no, but North America then YEAHHH!!!!! (only if one of the services is still operated by 77W though)
Isn't Canada in North America?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by startpacking
Isn't Canada in North America?
Ah. Oops. Wait, what, I don't know what you mean xD
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
BA has an inferior mileage programme.
You would be better with CX or AA regardless.

True, but if I were to go to Canada, then, BA would only reaaallllyyy be the only choice. That, or Air Canada. And I only want to go on a 767/777 on AC so i'd have to see whats on the route (and of course price!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.