Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Finally also my status got updated to EP, took almost two weeks after I contacted them.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
I contacted them last week and was told to wait until this week. Nothing yet. Been a little frustrated with this issue as well as customer service being unreachable.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:11 pm

Data Point from someone who didn't call in....

I took the flight that took me over the top for EXP on Dec-18th. Around the 17th my account 'spontaneously' upgraded to EXP. The next day the SWUs posted and I was able to see which flights one could apply a SWU to.

I have got through the whole process without calling in - and eventually everything posted along the way (upgrade of status; bonus points; 500-mile upgrades; and now SWUs)....
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:02 pm

Called today about getting EXP card and was told the card was ordered on Jan 7 and they have no access to vendor data on why it hasn't been issued. I noted that it is now 6 weeks since EXP was noted on the website. I was told that the ordering of cards is not tied to website showing status. I was told it will come FEDEX as normal business.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone's double miles still missing? I've called several times already since 11/24. EXP card still missing as well but looks like I have to call about that.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just got EXP card yesterday. Qualified in late Nov...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Still waiting for my cards, qualified in early December. Hope they arrive soon.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Interesting. I got a Gold kit today, even though I'd only flown just under 5k after registering. Ran out of time and never pursued the challenge. I gave serious thought to moving business over last year, and already credited some UA flights to US in anticipation of making AA/US at minimum my second program.

Now the question becomes "credit to slightly elite AA account or US account with an 8.5k head start." Wonder when/if (assuming it will likely happen) elite miles will combine...
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:22 am

Qualified exp in nov.. still no package. Anyone else? Double miles also never posted but an agent confirmed and inserted the miles manually.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:47 pm

I have not received an EXP card yet. I have called twice.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Qualified towards the end of Dec, got my credentials early March. I've flown another ~30k on AA/oneworld so far this year.
Old May 29, 2014, 6:25 pm

Exp packet still mia.. Qualified in nov. Granted it isn't much but the exp card helps internationally at times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.